What's new

The most terrifying movie creature/monster (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Aliens
They are the worst. Nothing else has that combination of intelligence and lethality. I would die of a heart attack if I came accross one!
--
Holadem

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The Predators are more intelligent and lethal than the Aliens. They also share some traits with us, making them even more terrifying. Can you say trophy-hunting? :thumbsdown:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Jar Jar Binks

Julia Roberts

ET

Mini Me

Antonio Benderaz as Zorro

The Alien from the Sony Walkman commercials

Babe

Yeah, I get scared easily.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The ghosts in Robert Wise's original and unapproachable The Haunting (1963). You never see them, but you know they're there--and that's scary.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Jack said
The ghosts in Robert Wise's original and unapproachable The Haunting (1963). You never see them, but you know they're there--and that's scary.
I've always wondered what was so scary about the ghosts in The Haunting. They really don't do anything to anybody. As far as I'm concerned, the mansion simply had bad plumbing. My house creaks all the time, and the wind is always howling through the trees and bushes. And I still sleep easy. Guess it takes more than "cold" spots and holding mysterious hands in the middle of the night to scare me ;)
Oh, most terrifying movie creature/monster? Probably the "thing" from The Thing. One swipe from that monster, and you're practically dead. At least you can escape and live from the physical damage done to you by 99% of other movie monsters.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
The old crone and the two little girls in The Shining.

Others:

Damian (Omen)

Nosferatu

Grandpa (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That nasty pea soup spewing demon Pazoozoo from 'The Exorcist' still raises the hair on my ass!
Also, I would have to say Michael Myers. I had a genuin nightmare that he was coming after me, he was stripped of all that Hollywood stuff, and was just plain terrifying! I'm not kidding, in the dream he was after me trying to kill me, and wherever I turned, he was their. I can appreciate what Jamie Lee Curtis's charactor was feeling in those films now let me tell ya.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
There certainly are many to choose from. One that I would not like to meet face to face is the Gheco/insectoid from The Relic

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have to add that the book was a whole lot scarier than the movie was. One hing I do like in the film is that much of it takes place in darkness and when they use their flashlights, all we can see are the illuminated areas with everything else in utter darkness. Adds to the scare factor especially since we know the thing is somewhere in there with them, plus they are chest deep in water.
Another scary beast is the shark from Jaws. The fear is very real, not some hollywood creation.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The Cenobites from Hellraiser. The problem here is that their goal is not to kill you, but to push you into levels of torture so extreme that you redefine what pleasure is to compensate. And they do this for eternity. Plus, I have a thing for rusty metal and open wounds (shudder).

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I would have to say that Jaws has had the biggest impact on me. I've never been able to go out into a large body of water since I've seen that movie.

Jon

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Leatherface (from the ORIGINAL Texas Chainsaw Massacre) gave me a few nightmares back in the day.
The Aliens are quite fearsome as well.
When I was a kid, I was horrified by The Blob! (Again, the original blob.)

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I'll go with Scott on the Blob. First time I saw the original on TV was when I was a kid, alone at home in the country, on a windy night.... I still have a vivid recall of the first night I saw that when I see it on TV now and again.

~Kurt

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'll go with Aliens too, if the alien doesn't kill you, it cocoons you and than an alien facehugger leaps onto your face, sticks its alien thingy down your throat and the next thing you know you're pregnant, a few days later your chest bursts open giving birth to the little alien f**ker, brrrrrr...

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Bette Davis in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? :)
In all seriousness, though...no movie has ever creeped me out as much as The Exorcist. I have a really hard time watching it alone. This is a testament to the greatness of the film...it's so well done that it's almost believable. It could happen to you.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
The Exorcist also freaks me out way to much. The shit demon also made me cringe in fear at the lethal and potent powers that he posseses.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
The shark in Jaws had the biggest impact on me, probably because I saw it at a younger age.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
Evil Dead scared the crap out of me as a kid.

The make-up on the zombies was very low quality, but that girl locked in the basement gave me the creeps!! (Thank god my name wasnt ASH!!! I'd still be having nightmeres!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks