What's new

The Majestic. Any good? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
Thinking about picking this one up sight unseen this Tuesday. Frank Darabont has yet to steer me astray.
Anyone see this for the few weeks it was around? It got pretty savage reviews..but hey..everything does nowadays. (Except for Spider-man) :)

Roy Van Nostrand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roy Van Nostrand
I saw the movie on a flight to Hawaii. I was ready to plunk down my money to buy the DVD sight unseen, until I saw it. I can't do that now, 'cause I've seen it...

"You'd be lucky to get this person to work for you", job reference. I'm mixed.

There are certain trite and predictable elements in the story that reviewers jump on to scathe in print. It is a "feel-good" movie, and I feel good about it. I liked it alot.

...now that really sounds trite!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I've liked Darabont's first two flicks, but Majestic left me cold. He tries to emulate Capra but does so with little of the requisite spark or emotion; it feels like a mediocre carbon copy. I can't call it a BAD film, but it seems curiously unengaging.

Very good picture and adequate audio on the DVD, though it lacks many extras...

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I, too, was really looking forward to this movie when it was initially released.

I found it to be very predictable in that once you know what the premise is...
..come up with a "happy" ending, and you know how it ends

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks