What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Boys (Amazon Prime) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the information! I'll look forward to another season of adventure. I still have the finale episode to go. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I watched the first episode, and I think I’ll like this. I’m so sick of superhero stuff, and I’ve only seen a fraction of them. I like to see them lampooned.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finished the series today. SOme unexpected surprises in that season finale and great set-up for season two. Looking forward to it (whenever it comes).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We just watched the first episode. As someone who grew up in the 50’s when superheroes fought for “Truth, justice, and the American Way” and even Batman wasn’t so dark back then, this is quite a different look at superheroes. I think it fits in with today’s world when everything is for sale. We’ll be watching this series.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
You had me at violent and superheroes.

I heard about this last week listening to The Completely Unnecessary Podcast with Pat Contri and Ian Ferguson (shameless plug) and immediately thought it might be something I would like. I’m about to leave the hospital now and go home for the night so I should be able to watch at least two episodes (maybe three) before I have to go to bed.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You had me at violent and superheroes.

I heard about this last week listening to The Completely Unnecessary Podcast with Pat Contri and Ian Ferguson (shameless plug) and immediately thought it might be something I would like. I’m about to leave the hospital now and go home for the night so I should be able to watch at least two episodes (maybe three) before I have to go to bed.
Why at the hospital. Everything ok?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Watched the first two episodes of this last night. Needed something a bit lighter after bingeing the first season and a half of The Handmaid's Tale :unsure:.

My favorite bit so far was A-Train
doing the Make-a-wish visit with the kid with cancer - "Well, maybe (Translucent) can swing by next week.. or something?" (Looks at doctor, doctor quietly shakes his head no).

Yes I have a morbid sense of humor, so this show should be right up my alley.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Needed something a bit lighter after bingeing the first season and a half of The Handmaid's Tale :unsure:.
The second season of The Handmaid's Tale is extra nasty. Particularly involving Alexis Bledel's character. Her encounter with (the almost unrecognizable) character played by Marisa Tomei is especially brutal.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The music choices are excellent! Who's ever doing the music editing is doing a bang up job! Little end of ep 2 pun.

Jane's Addiction
The Dammed
The Clash
Iggy Pop
The Runaways

And I'm just starting ep 3!

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Just realized at the end of ep 3 that Homelander is Antony Starr from another awesome show I used to watch - Banshee.

Real Name
Cleve Kennelly
Is anyone else watching this? Pretty rough stuff with occasional bursts of humor. Eric Kripke of Supernatural fame is producing, and his style and substance is all over this. I'm only three episodes into this eight episode season, but it's filled with surprises.
Greatest series i've seen on TV...So many reasons to get psyched about this,..Story, Writing, Acting, Violence, sex, superheroes, corporate greed and infighting, politics,.EVERYTHING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayrel2015
Recent bookmarks