What's new

The Boys (Amazon Prime) (1 Viewer)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Its actually not quite as hardcore as the original comic mini.

Also Herogasm really doesn't factor much into the plot.
T&A(&D) isn't that surprising, but that toilet bowl shot in particular is something I don't think I ever would have expected to see on a mainstream streaming service. Even if it was CG.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Watched this week's episode early, since I wanted to save tomorrow night for Stranger Things 4, Vol. 2.

Who is worse? Homelander, who is an unhinged psychopath with narcissistic personality disorder? Or Soldier Boy, who knows exactly what he's doing, but is an abusive asshole who comes with all of the worst flaws of mid-20th century masculinity?

Just about every line that comes out of The Legend or Soldier Boy is gold. The dated name dropping of people who were last famous decades ago? Perfection. The fact that every story involving said once-famous celebrities is absolutely appalling? Chef's kiss.

Butcher isn't the first character on a sci fi show forced to relieve all of the worst moments of his life. But what I loved with his experience in the mind prison this episode is the way he finally understood the cyclical nature of violence, and how so much of his toxic behavior was drilled into him by his abusive father, and how he is now instilling that same fucked up mentality into Hughie.

When Kimiko got re-dosed with OG Compound V, it didn't take the full vial to get back to who she was. I'm guessing that the only way to save Butcher and Hughie from the TempV's corrosive side effects is to take the OG Compound V and become permanent supes.

As for that big reveal:
Homelander being Soldier Boy's son makes a certain amount of sense. If you take a baby who has inherited superhuman abilities, and then you dose that baby up with Compound V, it makes sense that the result would be the most powerful being on the planet. I wonder if any of the others we see are also Soldier Boy's offspring.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I can’t wait. Love this show!

Any rumors about the release date other than “soon”?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks