What's new

Amazon Prime Gen V (The Boys Spinoff) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gen V - Teaser Art

From the world of "The Boys" comes "Gen V", which explores the training of the first generation of superheroes to know about Compound V, and that their powers were injected into them, rather than God-given. These young, competitive heroes put their physical and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the school’s highly coveted top ranking. They quickly come to learn that ambition comes with sacrifice, and the difference between right and wrong is not as clear as they once believed. When the university’s dark secrets come to light, the students must come to grips with what type of heroes they are going to become.

The series cast includes Jaz Sinclair, Chance Perdomo, Lizze Broadway, Shelley Conn, Maddie Phillips, London Thor, Derek Luh, Asa Germann, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Sean Patrick Thomas, and Marco Pigossi. "Gen V" also features guest stars Clancy Brown and Jason Ritter, as well as appearances from Jessie T. Usher, Colby Minifie, and P.J. Byrne, reprising their roles from "The Boys".

Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters serve as showrunners and executive producers. Eric Kripke, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, James Weaver, Neal H. Moritz, Ori Marmur, Pavun Shetty, Ken Levin, Jason Netter, Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson, Craig Rosenberg, Nelson Cragg, Zak Schwartz, Erica Rosbe, and Michaela Starr also serve as executive producers on the spinoff series. Serving as co-executive producers are Brant Englestein, Sarah Carbiener, Lisa Kussner, Gabriel Garcia, Aisha Porter-Christie, Judalina Neira, and Loreli Alanís. The series is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Amazon Studios, in association with Kripke Enterprises, Point Grey Pictures, and Original Film.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched the first two seasons of The Boys. Thought they were great. But they burned me out on ultra-violence and haven’t watched the third.

So, Gen V: even more extreme? Or changing direction?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, the opening sequence of the first episode disabused the notion that this show would be any less extreme than the mothership, with a graphic demonstration that puberty can be downright lethal.

The first three episodes are up now, and I'm enjoying the ride so far. All of the adults are corrupt to their core, of course, but many of the students are also morally... complicated.

I like that it's mostly its own world, with the handful of appearances of characters from the main show brief and organic to this story.

The standout so far for me is Lizze Broadway as Emma, whose size shifting powers are like Ant-Man's technology, only much grosser. She's also one of the only characters so far who hasn't done something completely unforgivable yet.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I made it halfway through the first episode and turned it off. All of the extreme language, incessantly loud hip-hop soundtrack, and bad decisions make it too much a clone of The Boys for me to derive much entertainment from it. (I don't watch The Boys any more either due to its extremes).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I made it through 1.5 episodes so far, but did not light a fire under me to continue, but if I get some time and urge to plow through the season, I may try to start up again.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Watched the first episode and that's enough for me. Not because of the violence, but because of boring characters, terrible director, poor writing. None of these actors have ANY acting chops. Hard pass.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I've been enjoying this. What stands out most to me after last night's episode is that they've done the complete opposite of a Disney+ show and instead of going into the finale with way too much plot to resolve in one episode, they've pretty much resolved everything before going into the finale.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I fell behind as I focused on horror content for the October challenge, but I caught up tonight. The revelation about Victoria Neuman's powers ties this show in a little closer to the mothership while giving us a greater understanding of what Marie will actually be capable of.

I've been enjoying this. What stands out most to me after last night's episode is that they've done the complete opposite of a Disney+ show and instead of going into the finale with way too much plot to resolve in one episode, they've pretty much resolved everything before going into the finale.
They've resolved the plot that drove the season, but they've also set up a new major confrontation. It seems like the second season is going to have to be very different than the first. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

The 27-year-old actor was a killed in a motorcycle accident.

The second season was supposed to start filming in a week. Production has been suspended indefinitely as they figure out how or whether to proceed without him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks