What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: The Boys: Season Three (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
BASED ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BEST-SELLING
COMIC BOOK SERIES BY GARTH ENNIS AND DARICK ROBERTSON
e2d894ef-c8eb-df69-ef85-a287ae44f2b1.png
321d01da-9bca-1484-fbe2-09b5e17ffd37.jpg
AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD OCTOBER 24th
Behind The Scenes Gag Reel
SYNOPSIS
It’s been a year of calm. Homelander’s subdued. Butcher works for the government, supervised by Hughie of all people. But both men itch to turn this peace and quiet into blood and bone. So when The Boys learn of a mysterious Anti-Supe weapon, it sends them crashing into The Seven, starting a war, and chasing the legend of the first superhero: Soldier Boy.

SPECIAL FEATURES
BLU-RAY™AND DVD
  • Special Features
    • Gag Reels
    • Deleted and Extended Scenes
    • The Making of Featurette
CAST AND CREW
Produced By: Amazon Studios, Sony Pictures Television, with Kripke Enterprises, Original Film, and Point Grey Pictures
Produced By: Kripke, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, James Weaver, Neal H. Moritz, Pavun Shetty, Craig Rosenberg, Phil Sgriccia, Paul Grellong, David Reed, Meredith Glynn, Ken F. Levin, Jason Netter, Ori Marmur, Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson and Michaela Starr
Cast: Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Dominique McElligott, Jessie T. Usher, Laz Alonso, Chace Crawford, Tomer Capone, Karen Fukuhara, Nathan Mitchell, Colby Minifie, Claudia Doumit, and Jensen Ackles
Developed By: Eric Kripke
Based On: The Dynamite Entertainment Comic Book Series by Garth Ennis; Illustrated by Darick Robertson

SPECS
Runtime:
Approx. 481 Mins.
Rating: Not rated.

Blu-ray™: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1 • Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA, • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French • Mastered in High Definition • Color • Some of the information in the above listing may not apply to Special Features.
DVD: 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen • Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French • Color • Some of the information in the above listing may not apply to Special Features.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
OK... just *what* is Amazon doing? That's 3 seasons of an Amazon Original that's getting a physical release! I wish they'd do that with more series... And... I'll be purchasing a copy of this one to go with my physical copies of S1 & S2.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
OK... just *what* is Amazon doing? That's 3 seasons of an Amazon Original that's getting a physical release! I wish they'd do that with more series... And... I'll be purchasing a copy of this one to go with my physical copies of S1 & S2.

Amazon isn't doing anything, other than streaming the show. It's produced by Sony, and Sony gets to decide whether to give it a physical release, and they are indeed the ones releasing it on disc.

The same is true of Jack Ryan and Reacher, both of which are streaming on Prime, but are produced, owned, and released on disc by Paramount.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Amazon isn't doing anything, other than streaming the show. It's produced by Sony, and Sony gets to decide whether to give it a physical release, and they are indeed the ones releasing it on disc.

The same is true of Jack Ryan and Reacher, both of which are streaming on Prime, but are produced, owned, and released on disc by Paramount.
I had no idea... With it being called an "Amazon Original" I just assumed they had full control.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yeah, they all take liberties with the term "original". In a sense, streamers are no different than broadcast or cable networks, in that they distribute the products to the audiences, but they don't necessarily own the products outright. Since Sony is a studio without its own streaming service, they produce movies and series for streamers to show, but Sony limits what rights the streamers get. A previous case like this was with House of Cards on Netflix back in the day. Sony released the show on disc while Netflix was streaming it. Similarly, Netflix's other big hit at the time, Orange Is the New Black was owned by Lionsgate, who released it on disc while it was still streaming.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Original post updated with official press release from Sony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks