What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 11 and finale (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The show seems to be going out with a whimper. Last night's episode set an all-time low in the 18-49 demo at a 1.7 rating.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Yeah, the past couple of seasons have felt like they were just phoning it in. Last night’s episode was one of the worst in recent memory.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It's the only show my wife and watch at it's initial showing, that and GOT. Everything else I wait until the season is over and find a way to watch them without commercials (buy it or a streaming service). But that's pretty much inertia at this point, the show has been recycling most of it's joke for a few seasons now.

And I completely agree with a previous comment regarding how they completely ruined Bernadette. (Not so much Amy though, I don't get that comment.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They REALLY have hamstrung Penny this season. She's hardly left their apartment and seems to only exist to react to things that Leonard says. A real waste.

The thing I'm hoping for MOST in the finale...? The repair of the apartment building's elevator! :D

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
They REALLY have hamstrung Penny this season. She's hardly left their apartment and seems to only exist to react to things that Leonard says. A real waste.

The thing I'm hoping for MOST in the finale...? The repair of the apartment building's elevator! :D
That would be good, but it gets destroyed again.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I think the last few seasons were better than average. I vaguely remember some not-so-great seasons starting with season 5 or so. Hard to judge as I have only seen the a lot of the seasons only once. Seasons 1-4 were amazing!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Well the elevator got fixed, as expected. Though I thought they were going to break it again trying to get all of the luggage on it.

Nice sendoff with Sheldon's recognition of his friends during his Nobel acceptance speech.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Good finale. Hit the right notes between comedy and sentimentality . These were two good Big Bang episodes. Don't think it was as memorable as the "Everybody Loves Raymond" finale.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
It was a satisfying finale for me. Nothing flashy, but a really good moments at the end with Sheldon. I’m definitely looking forward to rewatching the series again, but may take a break for a while.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
They went out on a good note. Does this mean Raj is now involved with Buffy? :lol: The whole episode was great, but I enjoyed the last minute with the slow theme song and all of them right where they belong. It’s an image I will keep.

Now what do they do with all the money they made?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Just got a chance to sit down and watch the series finale. I would be lying if I said I didn’t cry. The final scene and post-commercial closing scene (slow theme song) were perfect and the way I always want to remember the show I’ve watched every week for the past 12 years.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just got a chance to sit down and watch the series finale. I would be lying if I said I didn’t cry. The final scene and post-commercial closing scene (slow theme song) were perfect and the way I always want to remember the show I’ve watched every week for the past 12 years.
Yep me too.

Terrific series finale

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Sheldon's speech was an Old Yeller, Jim Brown in the Dirty Dozen, Brian's Song, Hawkeye/Margaret Kiss -- bawling like a baby I was (but in a manly way of course -- nothing like that silly An Affair to Remember girlie tears) .

OTOH, I have little problem with the last few seasons and absolutely no reason to be unhappy they made S7-12 (or 1.5 through 12 according to some). I am shedding TIVO Season Passes like snake skin -- yet another of my weekly has ended. Criminal Minds and Elementary are the only 2 scripted shows I have left -- one of those ends at the end of the summer and the other at the end of next season.

I'm very happy with the finale though as an episode it was plain white Wonder Bread next to the MASH finale that I remember just devastated me or even the last couple episodes of House MD, but different type shows for sure.

I wonder what's next for Kaley -- she has been in some weekly TV series almost nonstop for nearly 18 years starting at 15yo.
S2 of Ladies Man in Summer 2001 8 epi
8 Simple Rules 2002-2005 (76 episodes)
Charmed 2005-2006 (22 episodes)
BBT -- 2007-2019 (280 episodes)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It was also cool to see all the young versions of everyone in the cast of BBT in the episode of "Young Sheldon" that aired after BBT. It was a great follow up to the ending of BBT.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It was also cool to see all the young versions of everyone in the cast of BBT in the episode of "Young Sheldon" that aired after BBT. It was a great follow up to the ending of BBT.
I am not following that series? How could they have the young versions of all the characters since they didn’t meet until the BBT? All the characters?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I am not following that series? How could they have the young versions of all the characters since they didn’t meet until the BBT? All the characters?

They didn't meet -- it was just a montage at the end of the episode where they showed pictures of each individual main character as they might have looked at around 8-12yo in their childhood bedroom. Leonard, Penny, Raj, Howard (Howards Mothers Voice), Amy, Bernadette

What was the final resolution of Raj’s marriage?

Didn't really mention it after the scene where
Howard went to the airport in Episode 22 to stop Raj from going to London to 'settle.' Like when Leonard broke up with Priya, it just disappeared and their wasn't any real discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks