What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
i haven't seen a thread on the 10th season or much discussion on TBBT. Or I missed it. Perhaps the series has lost its interest from members here.

This season has been interesting I thought with the change of Sheldon moving in with Amy. I suppose some fans may feel this is too big a change in his character.

I thought last night's episode, The Veracity Elasticty was a sort of return to form for the series. The boys using Klingon to mask their discussion from the girls while the girls used their language to hide their discussion from the boys.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
... I thought last night's episode, The Veracity Elasticty was a sort of return to form for the series. The boys using Klingon to mask their discussion from the girls while the girls used their language to hide their discussion from the boys.

I still watch it. But it has lost some of its original charm and humor. That said, the Klingon bit in last night's episode had me laughing out loud.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I still watch every week even though I pretty much lost interest a couple of years ago when the story arcs for all the characters changed. The show was really funny and entertaining when Leonard, Howard and Raj were three horny single guys trying to pick up women and Sheldon was asexual and mostly antisocial. Since everyone coupled up and Raj gained the ability to speak to women without being intoxicated, the show got kind of dull.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I still watch every week even though I pretty much lost interest a couple of years ago when the story arcs for all the characters changed. The show was really funny and entertaining when Leonard, Howard and Raj were three horny single guys trying to pick up women and Sheldon was asexual and mostly antisocial. Since everyone coupled up and Raj gained the ability to speak to women without being intoxicated, the show got kind of dull.

Yeah, it's been through some major changes. All the marriages, and Sheldon/Amy seemed to have lost the fun sarcastic snarkiness they had before. Everyone has really mellowed out and it's really started to drag the show down. Rather than a "must see", now it's maybe, and if it conflicts with something else, it loses, it's not at the top of the list any longer. Similar with TWD.

I'm enjoying reruns on TBS and our local Fox station more than the new season. Of course, as annoying as hell, both channels seem to bounce all over the place, an episode from 2010, then 2013 for two or three eps, then back to 2011, etc.

I also like "Bones" on TNT. They run the series in order, just finished up clear to June or so of 2016 and went back to episode one for another cycle. Same thing with "Supernatural". Wish TBBT would follow that pattern. But maybe it's a CBS thing and they don't have a choice.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm the opposite from the other posters here. I think TBBT has allowed the characters to grow and change and done it better than any series I can think of. Raj is more interesting now that he can talk to women. Sheldon has retained his inner core but has grown thru his relationship with Amy. I was worried that when Leonard and Penny got married it would be bad for the series, but I find myself enjoying their relationship.

Since it's in syndication and I DVR it, can watch just about any phase of the show when I want. I find myself preferring the later years.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I love the addition of the women. I love the relationships. For me, it reflects the life of a geek as I've experienced it.

It's not as whipsmart as when it started. But what comedy retains its edge for ten years? Plus it's not wildly novel as it can only be that first season.

Now, it's comfort food. But it's fun, entertaining..and sometimes like this week, sweetly heartwarming.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I also am glad to see the characters grow over time. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first few seasons as well. I just think that if it hadn't evolved over time it would probably not be the ratings powerhouse it is any more. The whole 4 guys and 1 hot girl would have gotten very stale.

MatM

Grip
Real Name
Matthew Mayer
I quit approx 1 year ago at the start of a season, I realised it was the same old stuff and the canned laughter finally made me instantly quit. Maybe I'll give what I missed a chance; might of just been a bad patch. Before that it was never a standout series for me. A witty show with a well polished formula that ultimately became stale, but if it kept me interested for 8 seasons or so; there should still be life in it yet.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I quit approx 1 year ago at the start of a season, I realised it was the same old stuff and the canned laughter finally made me instantly quit. Maybe I'll give what I missed a chance; might of just been a bad patch. Before that it was never a standout series for me. A witty show with a well polished formula that ultimately became stale, but if it kept me interested for 8 seasons or so; there should still be life in it yet.

I don't know if it has much life in it anymore. Like many shows, once the characters start to marry, it's a downhill slide that they rarely recover from.

It's lost its fun, sarcastic humor, especially from Sheldon, he's really been toned down. The only character who still maintains a bit of attitude is Bernadette, the rest of them just seem to be growing "old" and have lost their edge.

It's like they're becoming "The Golden Girls", but lacking the humor that show had.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
For me, it's still one of my must watch shows every week. I think they've done a great job actually allowing the characters to grow like they should while maintaining the humor.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree. I thought that Sheldon was getting really annoying. It was reaching its peak about the time that Amy showed up. Now I think Sheldon is much more tolerable. It makes sense that a group of single guys would change when you throw in relationships and children. Even Sheldon wants to procreate now. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Even Sheldon wants to procreate now. :)

Wow, does he ever want to procreate. It's like his hormones have finally come to life and kicked into high gear. He's a frickin horn-dog. Not sure I like it. He's not the sarcastic, blunt, inappropriate Sheldon we've enjoyed for many years.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
For me, it's still one of my must watch shows every week. I think they've done a great job actually allowing the characters to grow like they should while maintaining the humor.
I heartily agree.

I agree. I thought that Sheldon was getting really annoying. It was reaching its peak about the time that Amy showed up. Now I think Sheldon is much more tolerable. It makes sense that a group of single guys would change when you throw in relationships and children. Even Sheldon wants to procreate now. :)

Wow, does he ever want to procreate. It's like his hormones have finally come to life and kicked into high gear. He's a frickin horn-dog. Not sure I like it. He's not the sarcastic, blunt, inappropriate Sheldon we've enjoyed for many years.
These two quotes come from opposite directions. Stan missed the obnoxious, selfish Sheldon while Scott appreciates the Sheldon that is less so. I side with Scott. I still remember the episode when Sheldon threatened to expose the relationship between Raj's sister and Leonard if he didn't sign a new relationship agreement. It was the height of selfishness. Had my room-mate done that to me, we would have been finished as room-mates, period. There were times when I really wanted to see Sheldon taken down several notches. I like him more now.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I heartily agree.

These two quotes come from opposite directions. Stan missed the obnoxious, selfish Sheldon while Scott appreciates the Sheldon that is less so. I side with Scott. I still remember the episode when Sheldon threatened to expose the relationship between Raj's sister and Leonard if he didn't sign a new relationship agreement. It was the height of selfishness. Had my room-mate done that to me, we would have been finished as room-mates, period. There were times when I really wanted to see Sheldon taken down several notches. I like him more now.

Oh sure, I lose ;)

What's better. A fun, obnoxious, snarky Sheldon? Or a boring, whipped, wuss (although I must admit Amy seems to have lost control of him),

Thankfully Amy and I seem to agree and he's not getting anything until he behaves :dance:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think what I disliked about Sheldon pre Amy was that he was actually getting mean spirited. He was funny when he was clueless but he started to do things that he knew were crappy. He was getting petty and selfish. That is not funny to me. It was much more funny when he just didn't know any better.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think what I disliked about Sheldon pre Amy was that he was actually getting mean spirited. He was funny when he was clueless but he started to do things that he knew where crappy. He was getting petty and selfish. That is not funny to me. It was much more funny when he just didn't know any better.
This exactly. Sheldon often mentions the roommate agreement is meant to solely benefit him.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see the core cast members make a gesture towards CBS so that Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch could achieve salary equality for the remaining seasons.

I still like the show. But it has lost some luster. The inclusion of Stuart now in the Wolowitz home has been a little creepy. I hope Raj finds someone before he ends up with Stuart. One of the more interesting episodes was when Penny agreed to go to a convention with Leonard as a guest to sign for fans of the film she was in. It turned the tables around for them.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There's going to be a spinoff or is it a prequel? Young Sheldon. Can lightening really strike in the same place twice?

Stan

Senior HTF Member

Came across that same news. I still watch, it has just kind of morphed into a different show. Marriages, babies, I hope they can keep up the fun atmosphere.

The on/off thing with Penny & Leonard worked out well, even the Leonard/Amy "will they or won't they" was cute. Yet most shows, when they begin to fall into serious relationships tend to lose their edge.

Stuart, the perpetual "sad sack" is a bright bit of sunshine for the show, hope they give him more air time.

But two more seasons, obviously a big following.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks