What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm happy about the renewal. I think this show has handled the changing lives of the characters, they must change, very well. I'm happy to see Leonard with the girl of his dreams. Now Rajesh, he's going thru a rough patch and I'm pissed off at him for dumping Emily. I liked her character.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I'm happy about the renewal. I think this show has handled the changing lives of the characters, they must change, very well. I'm happy to see Leonard with the girl of his dreams. Now Rajesh, he's going thru a rough patch and I'm pissed off at him for dumping Emily. I liked her character.

I actually thought Lucy was a better fit for Raj, to be honest.

Although, "Emily, or Cinnamon" was one of the best gags they had.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I actually thought Lucy was a better fit for Raj, to be honest.

Although, "Emily, or Cinnamon" was one of the best gags they had.
Was Lucy the socially shy one, who kept dumping Raj on their dates? I did not like her and was glad she was dropped.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Was Lucy the socially shy one, who kept dumping Raj on their dates? I did not like her and was glad she was dropped.

She was the strange one who bailed out the restroom window. Emily I liked, wish they'd gone on a bit more with her character.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
She was the strange one who bailed out the restroom window. Emily I liked, wish they'd gone on a bit more with her character.
In that case, I'm definitely glad Lucy is gone. I'd like to have seen more of Emily, I liked the way she could scare Raj. However, perhaps the series needs the uncertainly of Raj without a partner.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
In that case, I'm definitely glad Lucy is gone. I'd like to have seen more of Emily, I liked the way she could scare Raj. However, perhaps the series needs the uncertainly of Raj without a partner.

But has Raj ever been without a partner? There was the semi homo-erotic relationship Leonard's mother always referred to between him and Howard. He's still got Cinnamon. Strictly comic relief but it is funny. :D

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot

Now, you see, I'm of the opposite mind. I liked Lucy. To me, she was endearing in that she tried to overcome her issues, but just kept falling victim to it in a way. I get that.

Emily, to me, was really just an ass. I like the actress, but the way she was written in this show didn't connect with anyone and just really put me off.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought Lucy was a good match too. She reminded me of a cartoon character, the way she's drawn looks a lot like Lucy.

But I wonder if the plan is for Raj to find a nice Indian girl. That's way he can get his inheritance. It was nice when he was set upo by his parents. But that went a foul too.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I thought Lucy was a good match too. She reminded me of a cartoon character, the way she's drawn looks a lot like Lucy.

But I wonder if the plan is for Raj to find a nice Indian girl. That's way he can get his inheritance. It was nice when he was set upo by his parents. But that went a foul too.
The whole inheritance/finance thing just seemed ridiculous. All the characters have very well paying jobs, even Penny, no longer a waitress but a pharmaceutical sales rep making $90K a year. Life can't be that tough.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Now, you see, I'm of the opposite mind. I liked Lucy. To me, she was endearing in that she tried to overcome her issues, but just kept falling victim to it in a way. I get that.
Emily, to me, was really just an ass. I like the actress, but the way she was written in this show didn't connect with anyone and just really put me off.
This is why it's hard to write a hit show. In your above statement, just reverse the names and it could have been written by me. Different strokes.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This show started with characters who you young, immature nerds and they have progressed to being older and slightly more mature nerds. So many shows can't handle the changing of their characters, but TBB has done it well. I'm enjoying it as much as I did in season 1.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Seems to have gotten back on track the past few episodes.

I wish they'd bring back Sheldon's grandmother, his mother and Leonard's mother. They really spiced up the show.

The Penny character is still enjoyable. Kaley does a great job with her eye-rolling and reactions to the other characters. She comes off so real, either good acting or she just sometimes loses it.

Tremain

Grip
Real Name
Kelly
I lost it after mid-season nine; the main premise/joke of the show, the "Big Bang", was Leonard's acquisition of Penny. Once he got Penny, they became a background commenting duo, sharing little asides about the other characters from the sidelines. That, and the strange phase where Amy starts wanting Sheldon to be somebody else (?), and the weirdly random and aimless hodgepodge of Raj's love life.

Sometimes I wish they had the courage to kill things when they're still primo. My 2 1/2 cents.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Seems to have gotten back on track the past few episodes.

I wish they'd bring back Sheldon's grandmother, his mother and Leonard's mother. They really spiced up the show.

The Penny character is still enjoyable. Kaley does a great job with her eye-rolling and reactions to the other characters. She comes off so real, either good acting or she just sometimes loses it.
The two mothers together are guaranteed laughs. I've liked Cuoco from the start. She always made Penny sympathetic whether she was just dating male bimbos, breaking up with Leonard, or "staying married" to Leonard. The two are a mismatched couple that I believe in.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I still dvr new episodes but I think the show went downhill and I really lost interest during season 8. The magic and charm of the show was Leonard trying to get Penny, Howard trying to hump anything that moves, Raj not being able to talk to women, and Sheldon having zero interest in dating. Every metric of the show has changed as the characters all matured and the show lost what made it good for me.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I still dvr new episodes but I think the show went downhill and I really lost interest during season 8. The magic and charm of the show was Leonard trying to get Penny, Howard trying to hump anything that moves, Raj not being able to talk to women, and Sheldon having zero interest in dating. Every metric of the show has changed as the characters all matured and the show lost what made it good for me.
I get that, but after 5-6 seasons, sticking strictly to the same metrics would have eventually grown tiresome, and Big Bang would have gone pffft! In my opinion, the writers have been smart in not changing everything (And everyone!) up at once, doing it fairly gradually, but enough to keep the show interesting, and most importantly, funny!

Before Season 10 even started, I presumed it would likely be TBBT's last. However, in this case, I'm very glad to have been proven wrong in that! For me, Season 10's second half really regained the laugh out loud factor, that had subsided a bit for awhile. Oh, and that finish!

Bring on Season 11! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DVRs are dangerous, I've had to do a lot of clean-up, only so many hours in a day ;). Just now watching "The Amazing Race" from last Thursday, TBBT to follow.

Thanks for not spoiling it. I usually don't mind, but nice to see this episode not knowing how it will end.

Still a favorite, but I really liked the earlier seasons. Everybody has obviously gotten older and seems to have mellowed out. I miss the humor of the early stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks