What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 11 and finale (1 Viewer)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Didn't really mention it after the scene where
Howard went to the airport in Episode 22 to stop Raj from going to London to 'settle.' Like when Leonard broke up with Priya, it just disappeared and their wasn't any real discussion

Makes sense as the most likely spin-off is a show about Raj.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hadn’t thought of that. I think it would be difficult to make a good spin-off with any of the characters because they each need the others.

Frasier is one of the few where a pretty major character was able to reset and morph into a incredibly successful series

A bunch of those early Norman Lear did it, but more with side characters.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ok, watched the finale and retrospective. It was enjoyable. Perhaps like many, I’ve watched BBT from the premiere, consider its best episodes a few years gone, but still enjoyed it through the end.

Vox has a decent look back on it:
“But look again at Game of Thrones and you’ll start to see why The Big Bang Theory is going out with a relative whimper. Like the HBO drama, Big Bang rode the rise of geek culture into the mainstream to become one of the biggest hits of the 2010s, a decade-long staple of the Nielsen ratings’ top 10 shows list. But its treatment of geek culture ended up spawning just as much hatred as joy. Unfairly, I’d say, but let’s look at how it all began.”

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/5/15/18623229/big-bang-theory-series-finale-explained-review-recap

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ve not had a chance to watch this season on broadcast night, so I spent the last week binging 15 or so episodes via CBS All Access. Glad to see the Shatner episode, they finally got him. That’s a pretty good number of Star Trek and other genre actors who’ve guest starred or made cameos.

I liked the finale too. As has been said, it was a nice way to end the series with Sheldon growing up. And I suspected that Penny would. ( won’t spoil it if not everyone has seen it. )

I’m sad it’s over. But I’m glad they ended it well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks