What's new

The Apprentice season 4 (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Man, I thought this was going to be one of best finales for an apprentice yet, and 1 hour 58 minutes in, it was. Randall's true colors showed in the final 2. What a crock. She didn't even pick the same project, it was setup to be the perfect ending. :thumbsdown:

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it would be a perfect ending to hire both of them, and when I saw what went down, I was pissed. The sad fact is that his employees were the ones who made his task a "success", not Randall. I hope Trump hires her anyway.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
"It's Apprentice, not Apprenti."

What a jerk. Just like this season of Survivor, someone I've been rooting for pretty much the entire time I lose a lot of respect for.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
All that education, and he can't even pluralize a word correctly.

My bet is that Trump hires Rebecca anyway. I didn't like him almost asking permission to do that.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
And in reality, he is the 4th apprentice, not the 'one' apprentice.

It's funny how this has created so much talk on the apprentice forums. Most people lost respect for Randal, but there are a few that agreed with his decision and even some that call the whole thing racist because apparently Trump won't hire a black man by himself. :rolleyes

Sad day in the Rebecca household, especially since she has to go back to that goober of a boyfriend, unless she broke up with him because he was nowhere to be found in the audience. :D

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the finale was very good until the last few minutes. Then, as usual, it all fell apart like every other Apprentice finale. Trump just can't do live TV and it was a train wreck with microphones not working, people talking when the camera wasn't on them, etc. I agree that Randal looked like a jerk with his comments, but I don't think Trump should have even floated the idea of hiring her in the first place. It negates the whole competitive aspect of the show if he hires two people at the end. Kwame was just as deserving as Bill of being hired in the first season, but Trump never offered to that opportunity to him so in light of that I just don't think there should be two winners.

BobV

Second Unit
Well, chalk me up as one who's respect for Randall diminished quite a bit as well with his last few statements.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I'll go ahead and disagree just to break things up :wink:

I think Trump was an idiot for yanking Randall away as he was hugged by the others after the win and toss a question like that with 2 minutes left. Randall probably still had his game face on and if asked that minutes earlier would have been a fool to agree, knowing how Trump does business. If the Yankees had just won the World Series and in the locker room they interrupted the champagne showered celebration to ask if the Red Sox could also share the title, they answer would be short and sweet.

At the same time, it would not surprise me if both were told that question could come up, so they may have had a chance to think it out. Not so sure that Rebecca would have shared the limelight if the tables were reversed and that question would have been answered no if it was posed before the decision. To do otherwise would be viewed as weak by DT.

Fact is, Trump can hire her if he wants. Randall could probably hire her if he wants. I think Randall's stand on there being one Apprentice will be viewed as a Trump-worthy move and proof he is "tough enough for New York".

Diallo B

Screenwriter

I agree with this and I think that Trump was the jerk in this situation.

What crap!!! first, why would trump even put that in randall's lap? and second, the point of the show is to come up with ONE apprentice.

I was disgusted with trump for that juvenile question and exponentially more disgusted with trump because he is always talking about being number one and not letting the competition win.

what hypocrisy by trump and a number of HTF members...

steaming.....

Diallo B

Screenwriter
other thoughts....

randall stepped his game up and went for the jugular....

i thought rebecca's why me speech was her BEST...when she started talking about what she did when she was 15.......

but bottom line is that she is now 23 and how much REAL experience could she have?

she rode randall's coat tails in to the finals......and was still on his coat tails as trump gave randall the opportunity to SHARE HIS moment....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Randall should have been more diplomatic in his answer:

"Mr. Trump, I respect that you have great admiration for Rebecca's abilities, and should you find a spot in your organization in need of her skills and leadership, you should do what's best for the Trump organization. Having more good people working with you is always better than having too few."

Randall got too closed-minded about the competition and didn't see the big picture at the end. It's about winning with grace, and Randall flunked that test in many viewers' eyes. So Randall is crowned "The Apprentice", that title's good for about 15 minutes before fame moves onto the next person.

(I did laugh when Rebecca was railing on about Randall's focus on minutia, but Randall screwed up the radio station's channel number on the ad-board in one of the tasks, which was a glaring boo-boo if you want to impress clients.)

Bren_Chris

Stunt Coordinator
Trump should never have bounced that ball into Randall's court. But bottom line, Randall was right, and he DID get the big picture. You don't want to soften the competition element of the show, such as it is. You don't want the next two finalists thinking, "Gosh, he might hire both of us!" Trump going soft for little miss Ankle with all her textbook jargon was not a pretty sight, but not much in the show is pretty, anyway.

Nonetheless, the right person was hired, and I actually respected him more after he batted away Trump's softball.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Trump can fire 4 people at one boardroom meeting, I would have no problems with him hiring 2 people to be his apprentices. You hire good people where you can get them, no matter the circumstances.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Even though this is a competition, it isn't like it is a cash award like Survivor and Trump was asking if he would split the winnings. It's a job interview, and while Randal was given first pick and ultimately won the job of his choice, there turned out to be two jobs available with two good candidates. What happened in the first three seasons is irrelevant. Rules change, and that was obvious once Trump started firing people in groups. Before that question, both of them stated how much they respected each other both in the boardroom at out of it. Randals quick response makes me believe that everything he said before was just his 'nice guy' facade.

I agree with Patrick, if he really wanted to be the only apprentice, there was a much better way of doing it.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree with those who think that The Donald was the jerk when he asked Randal about hiring Rebecca. HELL NO would have been my answer. I wouldn't have wanted to fight so hard, be chosen, and then being told essentially "you know what, I don't care, I'll hire the other person too". I would have lost respect for Randal if he HAD gone along with it. Sure, it would have been a nice hapy hug-fest... but that's not what the show is about.

The finale was a disaster as usual. Not as crappy as last year's (but that was one of the worst network broadcasts I've ever seen, so it wasn't hard to improve on that), but still awful. Why do all of this live, if 95% of it just showing a taped episode anyway? Way too little time spent talking to the fired contestants, but that might be because Trump is a terrible host.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Trump can hire whomever he wants, whenever he wants. If he wants Rebecca, he will hire her, regardless of her place in the contest results. This was about the Apprentice position, for which Trump copped out since he saw that both were well liked.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
another issue.

the point of the task was to raise money for charity.

Randall raised 11,000 bux. Becky raised 0.00 bux.

based on that alone trump should not have raised the question to Randall. Becky did not complete her task so why would she be offered the job as the Apprentice?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Because if she had raised any money, Trump's ol' double standards would cause him to ask "Why did you go against what the sponsor wanted?"

For the record, I don't think Trump should have put Randall on the spot like that, but I agree with Patrick, Randall should have been less of a jerk about it. Or better yet, tell Donald what you know he wants to hear: "Mr. Trump, I'd like for you to make that decision."

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
In that scenario, I think the sponsor came out looking very bad and that's precisely why the nimrod from Yahoo stood up to say that the company is pledging $100k to the two charities. Bottom line, though, is that the event Rebecca put on didn't raise a single dollar for the Elizabeth Glazer Foundation that night. It just came out looking like a big self-congratulatory party for Yahoo IMHO. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks