What's new

The Apprentice season 4 (1 Viewer)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Not the Martha Stewart lame attempt, but the new one with The Donald started last night. Not a post on it started yet?

Really, who didn't see that girl getting the first boot of the new season?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I was afraid she was going to get a pass because she caused 'friction'. I mean, that's why Ponderosa stayed right? :D

Sure seems like they are just phoning it in now and it has become very formulaic.

Pick your business or location.
Come up with a product (usually off camera).
Show some advertising.
Show one group doing well, another not so well.
Reveal the winner.

There's just nothing that interesting going on.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I was kind of hoping that would happen because this show is not as fun to watch anymore without the friction. But anyway, was she a train wreck or what? She's on a team of all women and she tells Donald, Carolyn and George that she does not work well with women. Either she has never seen this show before, she is a complete dunce or (most likely) she was trying to become the next Omarosa and it backfired on her. And what's up with Donald's hard on of men vs women teams? This is the third time he's done it.

BTW, I'm liking Carolyn now that she has lengthened her hair a bit.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
As much as I've enjoyed the show, each season it gets a little weaker. This one had a 'jump the shark' moment early when our brilliant, talented business candidates were asked to dash all over a golf course looking for the helicopter. Gee, if I'm looking for a savy business person, I'd really love to see them do well in a golf course scavenger hunt. The tasks are also degenerating into hour long informercials for big companies. It may have had some cache once, but now it seems like cheap advertising.

Glad the lady got the axe; I just love these deperately disfunctional losers who somehow believe they are losers because they 'intimidate others' with their beauty. Puullleease.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I agree that the show has become a real big reality show infomercial. The whole time they were in their "really fancy room in Trump Tower" Symantec was on the computer screen behind them. I always love how now whenever Trump tells them to come up with the next big idea for such in such company at the end of the show you start to see ads for that company with this new product line from the company they were just competing at.

The lady that got the axe really deserved it as she couldn't keep her mouth shut long enough to keep from looking like a complete ass. The other gal had a really big smirk on her face at the end though which Trump cut off with his "I wasn't happy with your poor performance either". I was hoping he would fire both of them.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
This is my first season tuning in to the show, and I'm enjoying it so far. However, I am amazed at how some of these really smart people can make such dumb mistakes. A prime example is the men's print campaign from the second episode. They seemed more like first-year business students than professionals, and it showed in the end product.

Yes, the product placement is a big part of the show, but it is pretty much unavoidable. These candidates have to work for somebody.

I haven't seen a guy really take command or step up during the first two projects, so I'm inclined to say that the 4th apprentice will be female.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What is dumb is how their personal animosity clouds their "game-playing" judgment in thinking that the Donald will see things their way.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
The women's ad was clearly better and the two execs were clearly digging it from the start. When they entered the room I was thinking "here we go again with sex appeal", but their ad was just better. The men for some reason couldn't figure out the appeal of the car, which is strange considering this car is mostly marketed to men, albeit very rich men. I think they were on to something with the one picture that had the car on top reflecting a different color below, but their other concepts needed too much explaining, which doesn't work for advertising. And the PM got stuck on explaining the water concept and couldn't get off of it. It was almost painful. Then he was stupid to take the loudmouth into the boardroom especially after Trump warned him. Loudmouth won't be around too many more shows either Trump predicted and he's probably right. This season's cast is a decidedly stronger group than last season - smart and good looking.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I winced when the men talked about the power of water, in light of Hurricane Katrina and Rita. I think the producers also put in a sound effect during that segment to try to ease up on all that talk about the power of water.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

But they haven't worked in advertising, as far as I know. The reliance on advertising in this show is getting ridiculous, leave that to the ad agencies... looks like next week's task is not an advertising task, though, thankfully.

For the record, I didn't think either campaign was very good. You don't market Lamborghini with pictures of the stick shift.

Chris was in idiot to only bring in Marcus in the board room. It was obvious that Chris would be fired when he did that.

I still enjoy the show quite a bit. However, I already dread the season finale, the previous 3 have been some of the most embarrassingly bad hours of TV I have ever endured. I hope they are hard at work right now trying to make this year's finale at least only slightly crappy.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
The PM said he worked in Marketing. I found it funny that he's telling the camera that the biggest mistake in marketing are cliches then 15 mins later he's defending his "green with envy" slogan. WTD?

Those guys were so concerned with the messenger that they couldn't see the message. They could not see that there was no central theme to their ads. And that dumb commercial. Who could tell that a legacy model Lambourgini was "morphing" into the new model without having prior knowledge? Then they had a bunch of other cars in the shot of it when it was parked. Totally cheap production.

Anyone else beside me think of the Mafia when they hear the words "italian Inimidation"? Anyone else besides me think that Lambourgini would rather not associate themselves with the Mafia? Well, apparently nobody on the men's team made that connection... :rolleyes:

I still don't think a woman is going to win this year.

Each season is looking like a rehash of the previous one, but so is Survivor. I am going to keep watching cuz that blond who sounds like she is from Texas sure is easy on the eyes.:D

As for next week's show, I LOVE the challenge: teaching old people how to use a computer. That is going to be great. :emoji_thumbsup: However, I don't see why an executive candidate would be doing pushups infront of people like that one woman was doing in the previews.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This show is losing it, 4 days and no comments! :)

They have some great-looking women this year, but I think Rebecca is the best-looking of them all. I can't think of another reason she got to stay, after not bringing in Toral, who failed miserably with her presentation. These firings really make no sense. Sure, Jennifer W's event-planning was not great, but she WAS at least in the board room for that.

One thing I would love to see on this show is a competition between the two teams where George and Carolyn assume PM duties. It would be interesting to see how that would go. :)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Yup this is my view. She is hot so she stays. The other one wasn't so cya!

Trump has always held the PM accountable when they do not bring the person he would rather fire into the boardroom. According to his history, this should have been a clear cut case of the PM signing her own death warrant.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, It was a mess. I don't understand how hard it could be: ask Best Buy for balloons and signs and buy a bunch of goodies. :) Oh, and don't write "tethno expo" on the cake decoration! :D:D

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Come on the tethno cake girl broke down crying after the team leader just mentioned her name in the boardroom. She was as soft as they come. I could have done a better job than her had I done nothing but picked up a Coors Party Ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks