What's new

The Andy Griffith Show DVD missing scenes. (1 Viewer)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Tony Bensley said:
I'm just wondering whether the 5 season Wal-Mart exclusive includes whatever fixes were applied to the complete series sets?

Truth be told, the only one that'll really bug me, is if The Dillards "Salty Dog" from "The Darlings Are Coming" is still missing! That omission actually dates back to the '70s syndication version, as I recall. It was only much later on a '90s TBS airing that I finally got to view it!

It seems to be so hit and miss regarding the edits in "The Darlings Are Coming" episode, that I'm not certain "Salty Dog" would have been restored to even a Blu-ray version, had CBS/Paramount got to Season 3 for THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW sets! Has anyone seen any versions with "Salty Dog" that was on an HD Transfer, or even in decent DVD like (As opposed to the VHS like quality that pops up on YouTube!) quality?

I'm also uncertain regarding the end credit whistles, although I suspect that they should match up with the opening!

CHEERS! :)

I dug out a VHS tape I bought in 1988 called "The Best of The Andy Griffith Show: The Best of The Darlings" containing four episodes. They are all transfers from 16mm prints and complete. "The Darlings Are Coming" is complete with all the songs.
The back of the tape box says "The Andy Griffith Show. New and Exclusively available through Premier Promotions, Inc., Charlotte, NC 28214 (c)1988 Premier Promotions."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks