What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sure hope someone in the US picks this up. Amazon Germany cancelled my order a few weeks back as this is sold out. :(
The Amazon variant has been sold out for a while

KochMedia is still selling theirs with the catch that they don't ship out of the EU so you'd have to find someone to buy and reship it to you. If you are interested in the Koch 7 disc Dune, then it might make an interesting combined purchase and save a bit on the shipping cost

OR not cheap at 65 EUR shipped, but direct and they seem to have in stock finally. Cede is a swiss retailer

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm not sure that KochMedia are still selling it. Someone posted over at blu-ray that the Koch shop didn't have it anymore, & I've just been through the online shop & can't find it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The HDX version I have on VUDU is Excellent, and Good enough for me until KL or MGM release a Bluray version.
I have a copy of the theatrical version on my Sling DVR. I'm not really interested in the theatrical just the Extended Version. Once you see the extended version that fills in so many plot holes, adds additional action and characterization its hard to un see it and watch the incomplete version. I haven't watched the theatrical in HD even though I have had it for 2 years. I have the extended version on Laserdisc but looking for the upgrade this provides.

Real Name
cremers andre
Je ne suis pas sûr que KochMedia le vende toujours. Quelqu'un a posté sur Blu-ray que la boutique Koch ne l'avait plus, et je viens de parcourir la boutique en ligne et je ne trouve pas.
BONSOIR Koch film shop le vend toujours il faut aller voir sur

EXCLUSIVITÉS​

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure that KochMedia are still selling it. Someone posted over at blu-ray that the Koch shop didn't have it anymore, & I've just been through the online shop & can't find it.

You may be right. This morning when I posted I was sure I saw "add to cart" but now I'm seeing Currently Unavailable so I'm not sure if I was on a cached page. I'm not sure if that's OOS or Sold Out/OOP though. I can't remember if Koch restocks or not. The guy in Germany I bought a couple from posted on Bluray that he saw them go OOS on the 16th

That my leave the Cede listing assuming it's correct about stock, waiting for Koch, or Reseller group.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
So glad I pre-ordered mine (I'm going to look at the long version over Christmas), but it's all so unsatisfactory. What's going on? Was there a set amount & it's sold out, or is it coming back into stock, how about getting a comment or explanation from Koch & Amazon.de. The French release sold out, but I see it's back in stock on 6th October & you can pre-order it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon's exclusive (the White A) was a limited edition and sold out quickly

The Koch Media-Book Exclusive appears to now be sold out and if my first reading of some people with with Koch contacts is correct should be considered OOP assuming they don't find a few hidden boxes. Koch Exclusives much like Arrow LE tend to be one printing and once those are gone they haven't had a history of repressing more runs. Often like Arrow if they do put out a 2nd Edition or Variation, they very often drop bonus discs which would be the unique Longer Original Edition in this case and possibly the DVD with some of the extras. This doesn't mean in this case they might not do something different, but most of these companies tend to repeat their past patterns,

The French release is a much lesser item since the Longer Theatrical Edition was said to be basically VHS quality (or worse) and letterboxed inside a 4:3 window. At least the shorter version was said to be very good presentation

The cede.com listing may not be cheap, but may be the last remaining items -- though cede.com instock listing aren't known to be overly reliable.

Real Name
cremers andre

Différentes versions [ modificateur ]​

L'Alamo a été présenté pour la première fois à son roadshow de 70 mm d'une durée de 202 minutes, y compris la musique d'ouverture, d'entracte et de sortie, mais a été sévèrement coupé pour une large diffusion. UA l'a réédité à 167 minutes. La version de 202 minutes était considérée comme perdue jusqu'à ce que Bob Bryden, un fan canadien, réalise qu'il avait vu la version complète dans les années 1970. Lui et le collectionneur d'Alamo, Ashley Ward, ont découvert la dernière copie survivante connue de la première version en 70 mm à Toronto [36] en parfait état. MGM (le studio sœur de UA) a utilisé cette impression pour effectuer un transfert vidéo numérique de la version roadshow pour la sortie VHS et LaserDisc .

L'impression a été démontée et détériorée pendant le stockage. En 2007, il n'était disponible sous aucune forme utile. MGM a utilisé la version plus courte et générale pour les versions DVD suivantes. À l'heure actuelle, la seule version de la version originale non coupée du roadshow est en vidéo numérique 480i en définition standard. C'est la source des émissions sur Turner Classic Movies. Les meilleurs éléments de film disponibles sont les négatifs 35 mm de la version générale.

Une restauration de l'estampe détériorée trouvée à Toronto, dirigée par Robert A. Harris , était proche mais n'est pas en cours à ce jour. [37] La version menacée est la version roadshow non coupée de 70 mm (202 min). La version coupée de 167 minutes existe toujours dans un état correct en 35 mm.

En 2014, une campagne Internet a été formée pour exhorter MGM à restaurer l'Alamo à partir des éléments de 70 mm qui se détériorent. Cela a une certaine publicité de KENS-TV à San Antonio et l'attention des cinéastes tels que JJ Abrams , Matt Reeves , Rian Johnson , Guillermo del Toro , Alfonso Cuarón et Alejandro González Iñárritu . Dans sa biographie de Wayne en 2014, John Wayne : L' auteur de la vie et de la légende, Scott Eyman,déclare que l'imprimé torontois complet s'est détérioré au point où il est maintenant inutilisable.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So, any news about a possible Blu-ray, release for the extended cut of the Alamo?
While I’m posting , who currently has the rights to the MGM film library, things like Oh Heavenly Dog, The Champ, The Pope Of Greenwich Village ?
Did someone recently sign a deal to release some of this stuff , Alamo included?

Last edited:

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
So, any news about a possible Blu-ray, release for the extended cut of the Alamo?
While I’m posting , who currently has the rights to the MGM film library, things like Oh Heavenly Dog, The Champ, The Pope Of Greenwich Village ?
Did someone recently sign a deal to release some of this stuff , Alamo included?
THE CHAMP (both versions) are with WB.

I don't know who owns OH HEAVENLY DOG. It was originally released by 20th Century Fox, and last time I checked, it was Fox who released it on DVD.

As for THE ALAMO, as far as I'm concerned, MGM hasn't made a deal with a distributor for any future U.S. Blu-Ray release.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's also still available from 1Advdch, another Swiss retailer.

I'm trying to figure out the shipping charge -- I can't tell if it's 10 swFr flat rate or 30 since the site says the itme counts as 3 items on the shipping charge. So it appears 65 or 85 Francs which if I'm doing the exchange correctly is somewhere b/w 72 and 97USD

I'm also a bit confused on the Price since the seem to list the price in SwFr and Euro at the same amt, but the exchange rate in 1.09 USD/SwF and 1.17 USD/Eur

Last edited:
Real Name
cremers andre
Released The Alamo in Japan 1961

Attachments

• p10-theduke-a-20141016.jpg
    p10-theduke-a-20141016.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The Alamo is getting an HD broadcast on BBC TV in U.K. next weekend. It will probably be the theatrical version, but any broadcast is welcome.
Na, it's Channel 5 not BBC, but it's not HD, they've shown it before, a nice old transfer, but SD (& theatrical).

I did get excited when Ivanhoe (1952) was shown in HD on BBC4 (I really should get out more). I recorded it, but it very soon became very apparent that it was an upscale, the debris all over the picture was a big giveaway.

Anyway...back to America.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Na, it's Channel 5 not BBC, but it's not HD, they've shown it before, a nice old transfer, but SD (& theatrical).

I did get excited when Ivanhoe (1952) was shown in HD on BBC4 (I really should get out more). I recorded it, but it very soon became very apparent that it was an upscale, the debris all over the picture was a big giveaway.

Anyway...back to America.
I’ve seen Ivanhoe on BBC in a gorgeous transfer, definitely not an upscale. Yes you’re right about C5. But is it really going to be SD? French tv showed a beautiful one last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks