What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Somehow, I don't think that's what ol' Thomas Alva had in mind...

light_01.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Happy 4th of July, Droogs! The damned Brits and their taxing everything in sight, they lost the colonies, serves em right! They still had Canada though... Spain had most of South America, and Mexico too.

I always thought George Washington signed the declaration of independence, I thought wrong! He was in New York fighting the British.

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", "All men are created equal" 1776 :chatter:

Last film I saw at the cinema was... I forgot... hang on... oh yes.. X-Men Dark Phoenix... oh come on someone had to go and see it... actually it wasn't near as bad as critics would have it. I quite enjoyed it, smaller in scale than others in the series, creepy too. Yeah I liked it. I'll pick it up on Blu later this year. Next week Spider-Man 7, should be fun.

Fifth Element ,The 02fg.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Returned from Vegas several days ago. I saw Judas Priest at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel (same place I last saw them 8 years ago). Really enjoyed it! Halford can still wail, although he still does that "singing to the floor and sometimes turning his back to the audience" bit. They must have played at least 40 minutes before Halford said a word to the audience!! Not even "Hello Las Vegas!" until that point. Surprisingly, they didn't play "You've Got Another Thing Coming". The opening act was Uriah Heep, who will celebrate 50 years next year. Well, they kicked ass, too!!

I got to see a lot of my favorite local Vegas bands, too. And the temperature really wasn't that bad -- maybe around 100 in the daytime. Feels much hotter now in humid Hawaii.

Plan to see "Yesterday" tomorrow. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
winner-winner-chicken-dinner.jpg

winner-winner-chicken-dinner.png

PETA is still trying to convince various NY officials to change the name of the town of Fishkill. They've only been barking up that tree since 1996. Morons.

Last edited:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
IIUC "kill" is old Dutch for "creek" as in small river.

Where's Cees when we need him?

The history of Chicken Dinner Road is fuzzy but it all leads to a lady bribing various political officers to pave the road past her farm so she could avoid driving in the mud during the winter. The name always cracks me up when I drive on it.

https://hustonvineyards.com/wine-shop/#chicken-dinner

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You are correct about "kill."

The area is which I live is teaming with Dutch history.

I am surrounded by more "kills" than I could ever shake a stick at.

Normans Kill
Catskill
Peekskill
Fishkill
Kaikout Kill
Hunger Kill
Bozen Kill
Poesten Kill
Quaken Kill
Lisha Kill
Dwaas Kill
Cobleskill
Muitzes Kill
Plattekill
Wynantskill

And that's certainly NOT a comprehensive list.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I like lots of foreign words. I'm surprised that people I know, even veterinarians, don't know the Brit term "moggie". It means an non-pedigreed cat, similar to mongrel for doggies. Steve passed over it since it's so common in the UK.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yep 'moggie' is quite common here in the UK.

Interesting about 'kill' meaning something else in Dutch, now I'm wondering if 'Kill Devils Hill' has a different meaning apart from killing devils on a hill. :unsure:

RIP Rip Torn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.