What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Speaking of dying easy, how's the smoke from all those fires up north from you in Deadmonton?

It's killing us. It's maxed out the air quality index at 10, and it's expected to be the same tomorrow. Last night we were expected to hit 30C today like we did yesterday (we had snow two weeks ago but that's another story...) When I left for work at 7:15am, it was 16C. At 2:30pm, it was still 16C because the sun was blotted out. No filter pictures

D71TLKZU0AIipxc.jpg

D71Zh0-UwAAVBKV.jpg

That second one was taken at noon. It's not going to get better. Here's the fire danger map released this afternoon, the worst in the provinces history:
D7zFX04UYAAzgO3.jpg

We currently have 30 wildfires in the province, 10 considered out of control. We're fucked and no one in power that can do something is doing anything.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Jeez Russ those pictures look almost apocalyptic. Take care dude.

The Donald has landed... and will be having dinner with the Queen after he's finished hurling insults at our absolutely useless London mayor. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7098395/Donald-Trump-mocks-Sadiq-Khan-stone-cold-loser.html

No Godzilla vs Ghidorah for me, the battle scenes look too dark and gloomy and have been compared by yawning critics to the murky battles in Game of Thrones season 8. The previous US Godzilla movie was so dark I couldn't make out anything. And the rubbish director kept cutting away from the monsters to people chatting and looking at monitors. Plus why is Godzilla so much fatter in these recent movies? A sign of the times? ;)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Much irony. Buckingham Palace was built by and for the Duke of Buckingham, who had a gambling addiction. The Duke ran up a huge debt. IIRC the King at the time bought up all of the Duke's IOUs, and offered to excuse them - if the Duke turned over his house to the Crown. Bankruptcy may be a common theme in the Anglosphere.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
the Tyrell publishing is a nice touch.

Speaking of pulps: I finally broke down and bought an e-book reader. I know, I'm a decade late. I was thinking of getting a tablet, but e-books are easier on the eyes since I already look at screens all day so something replicating paper seemed like it would be less likely to make me go blind faster. I've loaded it with pulp ebooks I've collected. Hard Case Crime is a great imprint for both new pulps and old crime reprints. Covers are easy on the eyes...

4521726.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This one doesn't get enough love. (doesn't help that Fuller shot it so it looks like a TV movie, but damn, it's a good one!)

b5-bigredone.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.