Real Name
Steve Christou
gay ranchero.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nice Beckinsale pics Mike, recently watched her trying to kill Colin Farrell in Total Recall, and very determined she was too. The film was nearly over, the main villain killed and she was still trying her best to finish off poor Colin. I mean why? Had she recently seen Alexander? Daredevil? Fright Night? Or to quote Lee Van Cleef from TGTBATU "you know when I'm paid I always follow my job through"

2012 total recall b.jpg

The Valley of Gwangi
is one of my favorite Harryhausen films Zen, looking forward to watching it in HD.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Zen:

The things I do for you! :D

Since I know you are an Ashley Graham fan, are you aware of another new "plus size" model who has made it into this year's SI Swimsuit edition? Her name is Hunter McGrady.

SWIM168_TK1_00547_rawWMFinal1920.jpg

12552242_590120531137343_1213625570_n.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I like how they turn the label on the whiskey bottle away from the camera in old movies.

Has anyone ever figured out what brand of bourbon Rick was drinking in Casablanca?

Ray_Rogers1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Rogers
NO RELATION!

Roy Rogers is obviously not related to me. Yes that's true.

This 2D Animation class, DM72, is a bit tedious. Especially since I'm doing frame animation. Already turned in my assignment for COMM 12, which is Intercultural Communication. Takes care two of my Generally General Edumacational requirements. CG1, College Success, just has everything done in class.

My guess is all A's for this Spring semester at Cabrillo College.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
So I did see John Wick: Chapter 2 last weekend. Yow, it was violent!! And I hope somebody counts the number of bullets fired in that film -- over 4 digits, I'll bet. I liked it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been home sick ALL WEEK(!) with the world's worst flu/virus/something-or-other and had the opportunity to see all kinds of movies!

The Accountant
Arrival
Deepwater Horizon
Howard's End
Sense & Sensibility
The Magnificent Seven
Hacksaw Ridge
The Best of Cinerama

Liked 'em all!

Looks like I'm heading into Sunday night and will have seen all the BP nominees except Moonlight and Hidden Figures. That's an unusually high number for me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And tonight I've added Florence Foster Jenkins to my recent list of viewings.

Pretty much a clunker of a film. And as much as I'd prefer not to say so, the film would have been that much worse without Streep in the part.

The fact that it was based on a true story (and an interesting one, to boot) makes me wonder why the film wasn't better. I keep making odd comparisons to Hacksaw Ridge (because of the treatment of a dramatic true story in a film)...and find that FFJ pales in comparison.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Oh dear, and this is from the Beeb of all places. Human ancestors began to tolerate alcohol before Homo Sapiens evolved.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170222-our-ancestors-were-drinking-alcohol-before-they-were-human

In studies published in 2002 and 2004, Dudley reported the alcohol content in wild fruits of the Astrocaryum palm, which Panama's mantled howler monkeys eat. The unripe fruits contain zero ethanol, ripe hanging fruits contain 0.6%, ripe fallen fruits contain 0.9% and over-ripe fallen fruits contain 4.5% ethanol (by weight) on an average.

In Dudley's view, such dietary consumption of alcohol likely shaped the evolution of fruit-eating primates for several million years. The ethanol wafting from fermenting fruits may have been a cue to locate sugary rewards in a vast forest. Besides, ethanol may itself be a source of calories and perhaps even stimulate the appetite.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The Oscars! they were the best of times, they were the worst of times. This year they were finally worth watching to the bitter end! the actual end, not the never ending tour bus skit. I don't have any complaints and it's nice to see Suicide Squad join the ranks of films classics like Pulp Fiction and Citizen Kane.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What a shambles that was! The glory days of Oscar is long gone, it's now just long boring speeches and PC voting. Every time a 'person of color' won something or was presenting, the audience would stand up and clap for 10 minutes, cringeworthy.

Robert%2BOpel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.