Testy Area 51

Mike Frezon

Ah...

The good old days. When men were men. And those men were made of sturdier stuff.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"
No postal service for me today. Snow is keeping the couriers from their appointed rounds.

We've already got a foot and a half on the ground. Expecting 2+ feet when all is said and done.

Zen Butler

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
The Tapatalk app doesn't let me log in anymore. Terrible all notifications no more. Was there a site update? And how did I get here?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Any birthdays this week, eh? no? okay. just checking.

Who says movie theaters aren't classy anymore? Here's where I went and saw Kong Skull Island last week -

trafford center a.jpg

The Trafford Centre, Manchester

And here's one of the entrances -

trafford center c.jpg

Nice huh? The Imax screen wasn't as massive as the BFI Imax in London but it was bigger than our usual multiplex screens.

One thing I noticed the 3D glasses for the Imax presentation didn't work at home on my LG 3D TV, the normal RealD cinema glasses did work fine at home, must be a different form of 3D.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Jepus Kristos is that a theater?!?! Do they use truffle oil on the popcorn? Bidet's in the bathrooms? A silky robe and slippers supplied with your ticket? ;)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
And even the hotdogs had that old style taste that we just don't get anymore, and the popcorn.... mmmm [stop it Steve!]

I'm skipping Beauty and the Beast. yeah yeah... I've seen it before.

Ghost in the Shell is tempting but I have to see some reviews first, this could easily fall into the Resident Evil / Aeon Flux / Ultraviolet category and I want it to be better than that.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My interest in Ghost in the Shell waned I realized that after watching the cartoon and reading the comic, I couldn't tell you a thing about what it was actually about. I don't know if it's lost memory, but I don't think I ever understood it. :S

Dennis Nicholls

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
And even the hotdogs had that old style taste that we just don't get anymore, and the popcorn.... mmmm [stop it Steve!]
After the Blitz began the Brits set up what we Yanks would call "soup kitchens" to feed the people whose houses had been destroyed. The bureaucrats wanted to call them "communal feeding centres" but Churchill insisted they be named "British Restaurants".

Walter Kittel

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I was a pretty big fan of Ghost in the Shell back in the day, when it appeared on DVD. The concept of separation of identity from self and the overall visual design of the work both really captured my interest. (Being a big fan of William Gibson's cyberspace trilogy - Neuromancer, Count Zero, and Mona Lisa Overdrive - Ghost in the Shell felt like something out of that universe.)

I'm open to the new film, but I share Steef's concerns about this being more like Ultraviolet vs. something better like say The Matrix. Waiting for the reviews on this one.

- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Speaking of The Matrix, I hear they are considering rebooting it. Noooooo! It's not even 20 years old, think of something new you dumbasses! Stop ransacking the back catalogue for christou's sake. Anyway the rumor is that Michael B.Jordan will be playing Neo, Idris Elba as Morpheus, Lupita Nyongo as Trinity, Samuel L, Jackson as Agent Smith, Gabourey Sidibe as The Oracle and Morgan Freeman as the Architect.

yvonne de carlo.jpg

Last edited: