Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
One of my faves!

Ice_T_1320681458.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's an article summarizing the snow load problems in the American west.
http://kboi2.com/news/local/snow-covered-buildings-collapsing-in-rare-us-west-weather

What a surprising thing (to me), Dennis. I'd have thought most buildings (especially commercial ones) would be built to a certain code factoring in things like unusual snow falls. But I guess you guys have had a really unusual event with all the snow this winter. And that'll do it.

We've had another unusually light winter in my neck of the woods. Not as light as last year's...but still--hardly anything of note. [knock on wood]

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Well, amidst all this weather and political talk, I have actually gone out and seen a movie!!

I saw "Split" this past weekend before I heard anything much about it. Did not want to be spoiled in case there was something to be spoiled about. I liked the film and found McAvoy's performance(s) excellent. I particularly liked a couple of his personalities. Had not seen the main actress before, but she did a great job as well. The ending, well. . .people's reaction to it is likely to color their feelings toward the film. You may have heard about it, but not going to be specific here.

I finally got back into reading. I'd always found it hard to fit in between my movies and keeping up with my TV shows, but I have really missed it. The book which got me back into reading, of all things, was the biography of Motley Crue called "The Dirt". Then I read Lita Ford's biography (not that great), and am back to fiction now.

Recently watched "King Cobra" on Amazon Video (with cheap rental code). Liked it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been to see La La Land twice, Eizabeth! :D

And, Peg and I are going tomorrow night to see A Dog's Purpose (opening night!). We've been looking forward to this film since it was announced. We love most of Lasse Hallstrom's films and absolutely love both of Bruce Cameron's books A Dog's Purpose and A Dog's Journey.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And this is for OG.

Kate Beckinsale dazzled at the London Critic Circle Awards the other night:

Kate-Beckinsale-Attends-The-London-Critics-Circle-Film-Awards-on-January-228.jpg

She won the award for British/Irish actress of the year for Love & Friendship.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Well, amidst all this weather and political talk, I have actually gone out and seen a movie!!

Hey! I'm still watching movies! Last one was DOWN ON THE FARM, a 1920 comedy by Mack Sennett. It's taking me ages to go through the set this one is on. The worst thing to watch in bed before sleep is a silent film with a nice piano score... .snoooooooze

Ray_Rogers1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Rogers
I'M NOT DEAD YET!
In fact, I'm not even sure when I posted last! Anyhow, Had a great Christmas and everything. Taking 3 classes (not very many miles since the treadmills are bad joke) this semester at Cabrillo College. Working on my Blu-ray collection and still importing. Two general education and one for my major. It's Digital Media - Web Design.
No idea what else to comment on though. Been watching lots of movies, TV shows, playing video games on my PC, and cooking a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.