What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
But Steeeeve! The glamour! The tuxes! The return of the song performances. I think this was the first year back, don't quote me. A million movies up for best picture!

C'mon, you loved it, you know you did!

I think next year is the 90th. Could be the last! Who knows anymore in this big bonkers world! Film industry has changed to the point where they really are a moot point. Only Elizabeth seeks out the little pictures they nominate, everyone else watches the big blockbusters.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'd rather watch Oscar Peterson.

Oscar-Mayer-Ham-Recall-Alert.png

Last edited:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thar she blows.... it's up again! Ye damned thread. Avast there me testes... "But that ain't no thread cap'n that a great white God...." Shut your hole Pip, I'll chase him around the Horn, around the Norway Maelstrom, around the moons of Nibia, around the rings of Uranus and around Perdition's Flames before I give him up!

Picked up Doctor Strange in 3D Blu-ray, £20 from my local supermarket. Saw it in 2D on the big screen.

So how are you my droogy woogies? I'm fine thanks. You all fine? It's good to be fine. I've been busy the past few days posting videos of half naked men on youtube, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. :3dglasses:

hercules unchained dfdf.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Wow, that's expensive for Doctor Strange in 3D!! I haven't seen it yet and will eventually.

It's almost March Madness!!! Loooooooooove my college basketball.

I watched "A Man Called Ove" recently (which was one of the Foreign Film Oscar nominees). It was pretty good, but I wouldn't rave.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nothing to report over here. Getting close to finishing season 6 of Gilmore Girls and watching lousy Herschell Gordon Lewis Movies.

From "The Gruesome Twosome"
upload_2017-3-9_16-48-12.jpeg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg and I watched Moonlight a week or so ago.

Much like Manchester by the Sea, we were unimpressed. I am mystified as to why people are raving about Moonlight. From where I sit, there really wasn't a story and not much happened with the characters in terms of development.

Mystified.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
When I get older losing my hair
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?

You'll be older too
And if you say the word
I could stay with you

I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride
Doing the garden, digging the weeds
Who could ask for more?
When I'm sixty-four?

Every summer we can rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight
If it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck & Dave

Send me a postcard, drop me a line
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
When I'm sixty-four?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Is it really your birthday Mike? If it is, and you can never be sure in Testy, happy birthday amigo! :)

I remember way way back when a lot of birthdays seemed to be popping up this month here in droog land.

I just found out that I'm a 'Film God' which was never really in doubt eh lads? And a 'Cinefile', natch. :D

So whats with the Trophy Points and why am I neck and neck with postmaker extraordinaire Mike the Mod, when my illustrious presence is barely even felt these days? Longevity? The fact that I'm still around after 17 years? That I used to start threads all the time in the HTFs golden age? Hey wait a minute I deserve extra points for starting what's probably the longest running thread in movie forum history! Started in 2002 and it's still up, he boasted. ;)

I'll probably go and see Kong Skull Island tonight if all goes well.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just found out that I'm a 'Film God' which was never really in doubt eh lads? And a 'Cinefile', natch. :D

So whats with the Trophy Points and why am I neck and neck with postmaker extraordinaire Mike the Mod, when my illustrious presence is barely even felt these days? Longevity? The fact that I'm still around after 17 years? That I used to start threads all the time in the HTFs golden age? Hey wait a minute I deserve extra points for starting what's probably the longest running thread in movie forum history! Started in 2002 and it's still up, he boasted. ;)

Film god? Cinefile? What where? Trophy points? We all have the same number!?!? What's all this then?!!?

I was tempted to see LOGAN but forgot I haven't seen the X-Men film before it so I guess I'll wait and one-twp punch them on bluray.

Kong (DON'T CALL HIM KING!) looks like fun. Another I'll probably wait for on Blu. One I'm probably looking forward to most is BABY DRIVER by Edgar Wright. No idea what it is about, I just like his films. I'm kicking myself for missing SILENCE by Scorsese in the theaters. Film was so quiet it came and went before I had a chance!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup. It was really my birthday. I know Parker and I are just a day or two apart with our birthdays...can't remember anyone else.

If you click on the number of trophy points you've "accumulated" (in the widget to the left of any post of yours--under your UserID) you can see the various levels of points you've earned based on the number of posts you've made. There are a ton of us at that 9110 level.

I'm looking forward to going to see Kong as well. I took my son and late dad to see Peter Jackson's King Kong when it hit the theater. It was a great time for the Frezon men. I'll miss having him along for this trip to see the big ape but I'll hoist an oversized diet soda in his honor. Gonna try to get to the biggest screen I can find. Might even do the 3-D for the big boy (although it's not something I ever feel compelled to do). I LOVED the IMAX 3-D experience I had at the last Harry Potter movie...but nothing so much since then.

The Shack is also on my immediate horizon.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Check your alerts Russ and it should mention if you're a Film God or not.
Maybe we can add this title to our résumé? ;)

I see what you did there, Silence was so quiet you missed it. Maybe just as well, from what I've read it was pretty to look at but a bit of a snooze fest. Might be better off watching Roland Joffe's The Mission instead and witness sulky De Niro in full method acting mode.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Mike, maybe Dennis was trying to tell us he's approaching 64 some time this month? No? Okay. I think Jack Briggs has a March birthday too. Mine's in April. No not the first. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Happy Birthday Dennis! :)

Wait a sec, you and Mike share the same birthday? What are the odds? :blink:

Just came back from watching Skull: Kong Island and in 3D too! Not the greatest film in the world but I enjoyed it. Lots of monster action. And Kong isn't climbing skyscrapers for once. I think this is as close as American filmmakers have come to the old Toho Kaiju classics but with state of the art visual effects instead of sumo wrestlers in monster suits and papier mache buildings. I liked the 3D too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.