What's new

Tekken 4 Progressive? (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
You guys are not ready for these crisp graphics! PS2 is the system to own!!!!
LOL! :laugh:
Of course we are. Those of us with an X-Box have been seeing progressive scan games for a long time already :D
If you really want to be impressed, check out DOA3 in 16x9 progressive.
But it's nice to hear that Tekken 4 will be pro-scan. I am also wondering, is it anamorphic 16x9, or just 4x3?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Wow, I have to say I am impressed with the performance that developers seem to be squeezing out of the PS2 lately. For such an "underpowered" system (compared to the two newer ones), it sure seems to be holding its own. I wonder if the Gamecube and the Xbox will yield similar discoveries in the next year or so as developers get more practice with them?

What a cool time to be a gamer.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Sony has another tactic up its sleeve: don't tell anyone what the console can do, then start doing it.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Does this mean we expect Tekken 4 to be jaggy-less? I guess using the full size frame buffer would improve matters, and then p-scan should reduce them even further. I've heard that some developers don't like to use the anti-aliasing filter because it can reduce the sharpness of textures, so I'm hoping this is the way to get rid of them without needing to use the filter.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Nothing new here, just a bit more detail regarding progressive scan dvd playback in Xbox, from Xboxhacker.net:
They make it sound as if they wanted to add it, but didn't have time. Fact is, the software that was ported to Xbox for its DVD playback (Ravisent Cinemaster) has progressive scan support on PC, and that support was REMOVED for the Xbox version.
Why would they do that? Simple. The real reason is that the Xbox's Conexant CX25871 video encoder doesn't have support for the AGC 1.03 version of the Macrovision copy protection scheme. (the 480p version of Macrovision) It only supports the 7.1.L1 version of Macrovision (the latest 480i version). Enabling progressive scan playback on Xbox would get MS into serious legal trouble with the MPAA and others. It will have to be an independent hack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks