What's new

System Upgrade Question=Adcom? (1 Viewer)

I'm planning on upgrading my system, I used to work at a retail chain similar to Circuit City (The Wiz in NJ), now I'm working at a high-end store. My system is now a Denon AVR2802, Denon DVD player, Denon 370 CD changer, Polk RT800i towers, Polk CS245i center, Polk FX500i rears, Polk bookshelf for rear center, Klipsch KSW12 sub, Monster PowerBar HTS1000 and other requisite Monster wiring. I built this system not looking to upgrade anything, but the job market being what it is, I'm still working in audio/video sales. After working with a lot of high-end equipment, I feel that my equipment is meager, not good enough . . .and I'm trying to figure out a logical AND economical way of upgrading. As a salesman of a lot of companies, I do get good accomodations . . . I use my system for a lot of DVDs and Playstation 2, some television, and music (heavy metal/techno/funk).

So what I'm considering doing is getting an Adcom GFA-7607 and using it my Denon as a preamp processor, some of the guys were saying that it would be a huge improvement. I'm in the conundrum of separates vs integrated, and I know to do a major upgrade on my speakers to get what I want (probably Viennas) will be a little steep, but I don't want to under-purchase on audio equipment when I do upgrade my speakers. I'm considering a 6.1-7.1 system based around Vienna Mozarts or Beethovens, maybe Sonus Faber Grand Pianos, with matching rears for the rest and probably a Rel sub.

So. . . any suggestions on how to upgrade my system economically and effectively? I'm also looking to upgrade my TV, have a 27" flatscreen toshiba, thinking of a Panasonic 34" HD or a Loewe 30" HD . . . need to figure out best allocation of my greenbacks. . .

David Judah

Screenwriter
Since you can get a good deal on the Adcom amp, use it with the receiver for now and then upgrade to a pre/pro later. Use it as a stepping stone to seperates.

I would probably get the speakers first, but it sounds like you are saying that is not an option at the moment, so the amp would be a good way to go.

Good luck,

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks