What's new

System setup - Advice needed (1 Viewer)

uhomebody

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I had my new house pre-wired for 6.1 (ceiling speakers). I also wire ran for a pair of outdoor speakers (through a volume control switch). Both the theater and outdoor speakers will have to be ran through my theater receiver. At this point, the only piece of this puzzle I have is the TV.

Advice is needed for:
  • receiver that can operate theater and outdoor speakers (if possible) and/or speaker selector switch.
  • ceiling speakers that sound good but won't break the bank. I thought of buying 4 nicer speakers and two (front center and rear center) less quality.
  • subwoofer
  • waterproof outdoor speakers
Any help/guidance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
As far as receivers go look for one with a fixed/variable powered Zone 2. The second zone will allow you to operate your outdoor speakers independently from your indoor speakers.
If you are looking for a quality surround sound I think that most members on this forum would advise you to reconsider your decision to install ceiling speakers in your main Home Theater area, and go with free standing or satellite system. Ceiling speakers are best for producing fill in sound for dentist offices and shopping malls.

As far as speaker selection buy the ones that sound best to you when playing your favorite media sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks