What's new

New house, new home system (1 Viewer)

Telf

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Hi All, first post and new to audio, though I work in IT so hopefully can understand!

I've moved into a new house, which has a pre-existing audio setup, it works.. but its a bit clunky, though the sound quality is fantastic.

I have..

LG 55UJ634V - while I may update in the future, its good for now (previously used an LG soundbar with sub, but no surround)
Yamaha RX-V585 (pre existing)
Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III (pre existing) - with I believe a 5.1 speaker setup (3 at front around the mounted TV, 2 at rear + sub) which is cabled through the walls

I also use Alexa a lot to control Spotify/rest of smart home.

Throughout various reviews, it seems the RX-V585 cannot support Alexa/Spotify combo, Alexa can control the volume etc, but you cannot for example say "Alexa play Spotify on the Lounge system" I've tried the MusicCast skill/app etc, accounts all linked through, but this just does not appear possible. The 585 setup is also very clunky, with the setup all being via the TV vs an App/GUI website to browse to on your internal network.

Ideally I'd like to keep the BOSE system due to it all being cabled through the walls and the sound quality, it would be a nightmare to put new in, but to be able to have an Amp, that will properly support Alexa/Spotify rather than having to turn everything on individually, set the speaker output manually etc. With better options for configuring the system in general, speaker levels etc much easier than the 585.

In terms of budget for a new amp (if thats what is needed?) i'm pretty flexible, so a few options would be fantastic?

Thank you for any advice in advance, really appreciated!

minnieevans

Auditioning
Real Name
minnie evans
Based on my experience, one option you could consider is looking into the Denon AVR-X2600H. It offers great sound quality and has built-in support for Alexa and Spotify, allowing you to control your music effortlessly. Plus, it has a user-friendly interface that makes configuration and speaker adjustments a breeze. On another note, I recently hired interstate movers in Boston to help me with a move, and they were fantastic in ensuring a smooth and efficient relocation without any hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks