What's new

Suspended by ebay (1 Viewer)

Mike Ki

Agent
Hi guys, I've run into a problem on ebay and am not sure what to do, maybe some of you could help or know what to do. I've been receiving the usual spam/spoof emails saying my account will be suspended if I don't give my credit card number, password, and sometimes debit card, etc. So, i basically ignorded them after seeing all the warnings about them. About a week ago, I go to log into ebay, and it says i have been suspended and that I was sent an e-mail explaining why I was suspended. I can't find it and don't think I ever received one. I go to ebay and to help, to the contact page regarding suspensions, and sent them an e-mail regarding my situation. I got no response after 50 hours, so i sent another, no response after 72 hours, sent one more, and it's been at least another 72 hours with no response. So, i went back to the e-mails i have received from ebay(the ones i think are spam) and sent them to ebay at [email protected], I get a response from them saying it's spam. So i go to the community pages and to chat, but I can't log in because I'm suspended. I can get no response from ebay regarding my situation. I tried to get my wife to register but it wouldn't allow her, maybe because of the address?, we have different credit card numbers?
Anyways, i'm stumped on what to do next, if anyone can help or go to chat or discussions board on my behalf (or even post this on the ebay discussion board) and find out what I can do, it would be greatly appreciated. My ebay name is olp79 and e-mail is [email protected].
Thanks Mike

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Mike,
Does seem a bit odd. You were registered for over 4 years and had 24 positive feedbacks...and no negatives.
It would be nice if ebay were not so BIG and could actually respond.
I have a small balance with PayPal that I have NO idea how to access or use since my current email address is not the one I had when....never mind, it's unexplanable and trying to register, or re-register was just impossible.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I has a similar issue awhile back and they eventually did respond to my emails and cleared up the issue.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Why not try their live online chat and get an actual Ebay person to look into it while you're online?

Mike Ki

Agent
Alf S - I've been to the chat pages and cannot find any actual ebay person to look into it. Can you please direct me to "exactly" where I have to go to to talk to someone. A link if it's possible.
Thanks MIke

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Go to their homepage and click the "Live Help" link in the upper right hand corner. You will be connected to a human.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I used the Live Chat quite effectively last year when somebody hijacked my account, and Ebay handled it quite professionally and fixed me up in a matter of minutes. I wish I could say the same thing for Mail.Com

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

You should be able to still log in using that email, whether you still have that address or not, then add your new email to the account and set it as primary. I have 3 invalid emails on my account, but my current email is set as primary.

Chris

Mike Ki

Agent
I don't know why I never noticed that on the main page, I went to help and community without looking on the main page. Anyways, I talked to 2 different people, one a jerk. The second told me that there's nothing he could tell me and that I'd have to wait until the security department responded to my previously sent e-mails, although they don't know how long it would be. If i was more frequent user of ebay i'd be quite ticked off about the lack response. Ah well, I guess we'll see what happens, or doesn't.
Thanks Mike

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I've received these bogus E-Mail's for quite some time now....it's actually been a fear of mine that one day I would get a real one from E-Bay and wouldn't know the difference.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Yes, that's what they asked me to do. Their next message was that they would contact me at the old address. That would be...impossible.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Mike,

Sounds like you might want to check your PC for adware and spyware (viruses.) I wouldn't be surprised if there is a program that is not only blocking you getting on eBay, but generating those mail spam messages from your own mailbox. My wife has had similar problems before.

One way to check is to try and log in to eBay from a different PC (say a friend's machine) and see if it works.

Check out adaware and spybot, they are free and can help if you might have adware on your PC.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mike,

You may even not be on the real eBay site. Are you sure it's them?
And when you tried to register your wife, were you sure you were on the genuine one? I suppose you entered her name, CC no. etc.?

Cees

DaveNel

Second Unit
You know your problem can be a number of things, Hackers, Scammers, mebbe someone got your email name and passwords. You need to find out what exactly happened. But as I stated I got on Ebay and checked your name and it was not suspended
But if you log onto ebay and it says you are, Then I suggest you get on another PC and check. I think there may
be a program running in the background hosting a fake site.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Some hacker program could have changed your HOSTS file. The HOSTS file (no extension) is a standard Windows file that finds a website as an alternative to using a DNS. So a hacker could have changed your HOSTS file so that whenever you type www.ebay.com into your browser you are redirected to a fake site.

Definately do what others have suggested and try logging in from another computer. If your HOSTS file has been change, hopefully you haven't been giving any CC info to the fake site.

If you are using WinXP you will probably find your host file in:

windowssystem32driversetc

You can open it up with notepad and look at it.

Mike Ki

Agent
Sorry guys, I didn't update you on what happened. About 2 weeks to the day after I was suspended, and after the e-mails. I got a reply from ebay stating "After reviewing your account, we have decided to re-instate you." That's it, no reason why I was suspended. I sent another e-mail to them asking why I was suspended, and have been waiting ever since. I don't really expect to hear from them but i'll let you know if they reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks