What's new

Survivor: Cook Islands (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The 3 in the tent aren't smart enough to do anything, so that narrows it down. Hee!

Yul needs to stay with his plan of he and Jonathan to the end. In fact, everybody should continue to pull Jonathan along. It's so straight forward! They want him gone because they don't like him? :rolleyes

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I think that's one of the things that's lost on us fans of the show. The contestants have to live each minute of each day with these people. What may seem like such straightforward logical winning strategy to us on the couch (or to a straight-thinking player like Yul) seems to be more difficult in practical application because..."dude, that guy is, like, sooooooo annoying! I just want him to go....NOW!" :D

The interpersonal dynamic is a big part of what makes the show so confounding...and so fun! ;)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Booooooooo!!!

Now there are 2 tight floaters in the game too, dumb move. Nobody wants Yul or Ozzy at the end if they care to win. Ozzy, Parvarti, Adumb, and Sandra need to vote 2 Yul + 2 Becky to get idol played and a tie breaker for staying or Becky out.

Yul lost a second ally (that everyone hated).

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Dumb move, but as soon as Sundra said "Parvati and Adam are more cheerful when he's not around" I knew what would happen.

Thankfully there are only two episodes left, because I don't know how long the season can survive without Jonathan...he was barely there tonight and it dragged.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
*sigh* These are some of the most childish immature people I've ever seen play the game.

I found myself sticking up more for Jonathan these past few weeks for as competitive as he is, he was at least mature about it. I've seen too many votes go the way of 'This guy is kind of annoying', and then today, the just outright ugly behavior of the tribe towards Jonathan on his return from Exile was despicable. The girls looked like common day high school bullies the way they were ignoring Jonathan. You may not like the guy as a competitor, but at least talk to the guy. That's rarely been a problem on any Survivor season at merge time.

I just find them so unsportsmanlike. It's because Jonathan was aggressive that he won all the food at the auction, not anybody else's who had as much money as he did. Concurrently, it is Raro's own fault that Jonathan had remained in the game as they had three, THREE chances to vote him out and they didn't. Adam and Parvati's constant complaining that he didn't 'earn' his place in top 7 is just unsportsmanlike. Out of all the Survivor casts I have seen, this is the one I would seriously not want to be a part of just because of their childish schoolyard bullying tactics. At least show some class towards your competitors.

Methinks Yul cutting Jonathan loose was a bad idea. Yes he'd been shakey in the past, but you had to know that at this point he had no reason to be anything but loyal to you. Now, as the previews already show, you have given the Raros a sense of hope. I realize the others were kind of blackmailing you there with jury votes, but that's also because you made the mistake of revealing to them the idol. Now they ALL expect you to make the finals and will make offers you won't want to live up to.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
As much as Jonathan annoys me, they screwed up big time for not keeping him in the game and booting out sir adam. Strategy wise, Adam should have been next to go, because he is strong and can keep up in the challenges.

They are all gonna turn on eachother ..... it is the game of Survivor after all!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This could be a fatal mistake for Yul.

Not that he could have completely trusted Jonathan to the end anyway (the guy had already flipped several times)...but he must've felt he needed to not come off like that "godfather" figure he is so concerned about. Maybe he's got it figured out that he could let the group have that vote and still completely control things.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Obviously no one from the Cook Island edition watched the 5th season of Survivor when Brian dragged Clay kicking and screaming into the finals with him for the slam dunk win. Jonathan is the perfect foil to take into the final 2 with anyone else left playing the game. But nooooo, no one can mentally handle an outspoken/irritating guy and just want to "chill" for the rest of the 8 days with "cool" people. At this point, it would be so ironic if either Adam or Parvati ended up in the final 2 and wins because of the majority of their former tribemates on the jury.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida

I don't get this. These people are suffering through bad weather, lack of food and water, bugs, etc, all for a million dollars. Yet they can't handle someone who's "annoying"? I'm not buying it. There's barely a week left in the game. Suck it up and play the right strategy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Absolutely. What I was saying before is that's why these people make these dumb decisions. The best players are those that don't let the annoying, or overbearing, or immature players "ruin their day" and taint their decisions that should lead to how to win the game. That's what we see Yul doing now...or Brian in Thailand (an excellent example) or Rob Mariano (a not-so-excellent example).

I used to work with a sociopath. It made getting up in the morning and going to work a miserable experience. As soon as the lightbulb went off for me and I figured out what I needed to do to not let him bother me anymore, I regained my pleasurable workplace.

That was my point earlier. That the socially mature players can deal with the problem-personality-types because they realize this is a limited experience and will sooner-or-later come to an end. It's the young-uns (either young by age or life experience) who end up making bad decisions based on personality or "likeability".

But, frankly, it's that mix of diverse personalities that makes the game so watchable and unpredictable.

mylan

Screenwriter
When we saw the immunity challenge, my wife turned to me and said " Ozzy wins immunity" and so it was. It is almost laughable how he dominates water challenges. With regards to Jonathon, I have never seen someone so "outspoken" but I thought tribal was just brutal for him, I have never seen contestents so mean in all of Survivor, except maybe for Susan Hawk's rant about How much of a snake Richard was. Yul, Becky, and Ozzy have voted off the one sure person who could have ensured their victory and now it seems that they are beginning to get stupid with the revelation about next weeks show.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Yul made a big mistake - there might not be another chance to get rid of Adam. If Adam makes it to the final with Yul he could win because he hasn't screwed anyone (except Jonathan). Eventually Yul will have to vote against one of his tribe and send them to the jury.

Next week's preview showed them talking about getting rid of Ozzy. Of course, he would have to lose immunity first! If Yul goes along with that he could piss off the Aitu jury members

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Watching the show last night, we were saying the same thing everyone is posting here: voting off Jonathan seems to be very unwise strategically. Yul and Becky let Adam and Parvati exert far too much influence on the vote, and for the wrong reasons. What was really funny was hearing Jonathan say to Yul what we said to each other just a few seconds before: he's not much of a threat for immunity and he's done a lot for the Aitu tribe.

I felt very, very bad for Jonathan when he sat down after the immunity challenge and the group just went silent, and Becky and Sundra's cold shoulder when they went to get wood was awful.

It needs to be said, though, that from what we've been shown, Jonathan has done a lot to hurt himself; the tribal council from last night was a prime example: he just doesn't know when to shut up. He doesn't listen to himself very well, and went from being warily regarded to actively disliked by his own alliance.

Adam and Ozzy need to be next ones to go, in that order; I still can't believe that thery passed up the chance to get rid of Adam.

Anyone else wonder if Becky is this season's Vecepia?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Oh, my heck! ;) I've thought about it. There are, indeed, parallels. I think it would all depend (obviously) on who she made it to the final two with.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm getting rather sick and tired of Survivor contestings moaning and whining about other players being "unethical" or "conniving", etc. Are they there because they need to make new friends or because they want to win a million bucks? Give me a freaking break already!

And then before you know it, it's jury time and everyone is voting against the player who played the smartest (and yes, most devious and conniving) game because their poor little feelings are hurt. And we end up with someone like Danni winning the whole thing for simply doing nothing an coasting under the radar while people who are actually playing great games, like Stephanie, come in second or get voted out even earlier because they are perceived as "not nice."

Speaking of the jury, what's up with starting with Brad...if everyone who gets voted out between now and the final two are on the jury, that's 10 people. Obviously this won't work, as the vote could be tied. Either one of the cast offs will not end up as part of the jury or they final vote is going to be between the last 3 people in the game rather than the just last two....

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I like that. A final 3 would be fun.

I'm sorry to see Jonathan go. He was fun.

Mike, you're certainly right on the money there. I work with a guy who is similar to Jonathan. Just add to it some intense self-importance and you have a guy you can't even talk to.

Yeah, all the bitching and moaning is rediculous. They voted off the one guy who was so annoying they could win the million against him in a final 2. Stupid.

*writes 100 times "it's merely a stereotype that asians are the smartest people in the world"* There. I'm straight now. Yul, Yul, Yul. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks