What's new

Survivor: Cook Islands (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Yeah, they were in the Asian Aitu. But that was two merges ago. I think they would be more loyal to their last tribe before they were voted out. They were in the numbers monster of Raro who had the 9-6 advantage, then lost it. In their cases I give more credit to their most recent tribe. They looked like they were a part of Raro when it was down to two tribes and not loyal to Becky and Yul at all - just to draw a distinction to Candice, who even though she was in Aitu, still clearly felt some allegiance to Raro, or I guess Adam. Anyway, at best I think they are neutral and not Aitu-centric.

Marianne

Supporting Actor

Unless I missed something they were voted out of the merged Raro very quickly - why should they have any ties to Raro?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Actually...
It's not just a rumor; TV Guide confirmed weeks ago that the final three would be facing a nine-member jury. No idea what happens if there's a tie.

Last night's episode just seemed like a quick way to explain why Yul loses IMHO. I like the guy but I'm 50/50 with him and Ozzy at this point.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

The tribes went from 4 to two early in episode three, so like day 7 or 8. At that point, Brad, Jenny and Rebecca were part of Raro. Brad got voted out at the end of episode 8, so like day 24. Rebecca and Jenny were both voted out at the end of episode 9, so like day 27. I think they are more allied with Raro than they would be with Puka (Brad, Jenny) or Hiki (Rebecca).

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
What I said was that Yul told Parvatithat she [Parvati] was a bigger threat than Adam, and that Yul told Adam that he was safe [and didn't tell Parvati that she was]. He was explicitly honest with both of them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yul backtracks from Parvati being the bigger threat in his opening assessment of Parvati (quite the politician, that Yul):

Yul (speaking to Parvati):
"I think objectively you're probably the bigger threat between you and Adam, um, mainly because you're very coordinated, so anything that requires"

Parvati:
"balance and agility"

Yul:
"Overall, yeah, balance and agility, like, I think, I mean you're far more a threat than Adam is, but because we have Ozzy, um, and to some extent, me, I'm less worried about you as a threat, so for me, I actually see Adam as being the bigger threat. Anyway,"

Parvati:
"All right."

Yul:
"That's where I'm thinking"

Parvati:
"Thanks."

Yul:
"So you know kinda know where I stand."

Parvati (narration):
"I am hopeful because Yul says he sees Adam as the bigger threat right now."

When Parvati leaves Yul and their conversation, Yul has bamboozled Parvati into thinking he thinks Adam is the bigger threat without ever promising any form of safety to her.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

He told both of them the other was a bigger threat. It's what he needed to do, so I don't knock him at all for it. Yul's played probably the cleanest game ever in the series, likely even cleaner than Colby, but the nature of the contest means lying is just about inevitable.

I'm still thinking Becky or Sundra is going to pull a V and win it as the stealth finalist.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What Yul did was set up a straw man to give the impression that somehow he felt Adam was the bigger threat (sets up a scenario where she wasn't in the picture, thus the straw man), otherwise, his opening statement was that Parvati was a better competitor vs. Adam in most challenges because she's more coordinated and agile than Adam, thus the bigger threat. Thus, Yul bamboozled Parvati.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
The final is tonight at 8pm (CBS). The trailers confirm that a 9 member jury is voting for 3 finalists. As someone said previously this scenario could set up for a tie breaker.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to seeing their expressions tonight when Jeff informs them of this major change to the game (three finalists sted two)!

Whenever he makes that revelation will severely impact the strategy for everyone the rest of the way out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Sorry, Doug. We all kinda got sloppy with the spoilers.

I've gone back and hidden my comments. Too late for you, though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, there you go:

Ozzy cements his place in Survivor dominance in all the challenges with these 2 immunity challenges.

Yul could be a bigger fool than Ian! Please, no, Yul, no!

I don't see why it's a big deal for Becky and Soundra to battle it out for that 3rd spot in the final tribal council

Oh damn, this next-to-final tribal council has been killing me, I haven't laughed this hard at a TC in a long time.

The looks on the jury members' faces was classic! Loved it. The look of exasperation on Jeff's face was also hilarious.

The final TC was good in spots, and not so good in spots.

Loved the diss Jonathan had for Becky by ignoring her completely.

Damn, that was a close vote! Congrats!

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
He wasn't the only one ignoring Becky! I just got to thinking during that embarassing fire challenge that it doesn't matter at this point who wins it since the jury is already not gonna vote for whoever wins it!

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
A satisfying conclusion to the season. Ozzie continued to amaze me with his matchless skill in all elements of the challenges, even puzzle solving. I think he may have hurt himself in the final council, talking about being a loner, making answers that would shame a Miss America contestant (insincere sounding platitudes). Yul's occasional verbal clumsiness actually became endearing; he also always seemed more honest in his answers. I think that won him the million.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
The fire making challenge was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. When Jeff said they were switching to matches I thought he was joking... then it still took what, another half hour to end it? I was half expecting them to move to a coin toss.

Kinda surprised Ozzie didn't win though.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Wow...the end of the most inconsistent season ever. I was glad that for the first time since Thailand, we actually have a suspenseful vote here...Yul and Ozzy were both awesome and I'm happy that Yul got the victory...but not as much as I am that Becky didn't get a single vote. :lbf The fire challenge was hilarious.

Survivor: Fiji sounds interesting...obviously the 19 contestants (stupid idea; I'd bet on an extra woman) probably means a pre-tribe elimination of some sort. I'm surprised they actually showed some of the players and gave real info on the game outside of the location for the first time ever.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To think that Yul actually offered the HII to Becky was amazing. Amazingly stupid for a guy who had played so smart (it seemed) right up to that moment.

Glad Yul won. Would've been okay with me, though,if Ozzy had won.

Was surprised there was no reward challenge involving a car. The curse lives! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks