What's new
World Wide Stereo

SubWoofer in Riser (1 Viewer)

Rob.Bar...

Auditioning
I am working on my home theater room, and was trying to figure out where to put my subs. I am going to be using adire shiva's, and the best winisd plots all look for > 5 cubic feet. Well, its seems the rear sofa riser is basically a big box right...

So my idea is to build two boxes that are 10" high, 36" wide, and 5' deep. The front would slope out at a 30 degree angle or so to give me enough room to mount the sub. On top of the two boxes build the rest of the stage with a few sheets of ply and you are off to the races.

Are there any glaring problems with a design of this nature, other than you need grills to keep people from kicking your subs in?

-Rob

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
No, not really, though I would try to configure them as downfiring, slot loading them to gain some more acoustic efficiency. Solves the grill issue too.

GM

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
After bracing and such those boxes are going to come out to probably around 8 cu.ft. You may want to consider using a pair of Blueprint 1503's instead of four Shiva's (I'm assuming thats what you were planning). The Blueprints will get you some more output in the low 20's and teens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks