What's new

Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Actually there are one or two people here who absolutely jump on you if 3D is mentioned in any context except one or two threads. An honest enquiry was met with a demand that I stop “trolling”, so I rarely mention 3D.

No, we ask you not to postthread about it not being in 3D. Couldn't help yourself here and got Crawdaddy to sympathize with you huh?

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
No, we ask you not to shitpost in every fiucking thread about it not being in 3D. Couldn't help yourself here and got Crawdaddy to sympathize with you huh?
Your reply proves exactly what I am talking about. Why in the wide world are you so incredibly hostile to me? You really don’t know me at all.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Your reply proves exactly what I am talking about. Why in the wide world are you so incredibly hostile to me? You really don’t know me at all.

Look, this isn't personal TJPC. You have been repeatedly asked to keep your thoughts on lack of 3D releases contained to the threads about lack of 3D releases and not have to drag every new disk thread. And AFAICT you slowed down on doing so. But you couldn't help yourself here. I've removed the cursing. Please refrain from posting about 3d availability in ALL future new release threads.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Gotta let it go. Let new generations discover the films in whichever way they do. For an entire generation the prequels are their first exposure to Star Wars. To them they ARE Star Wars. That’ll be the same with the new trilogy as well and whatever comes next. There are generations who will look at the Original Trilogy as the “old, weird ones.” Some already do. It’s ok.

Hey you guys ever see that really old movie The Empire Strikes Back? :D

I was planning on just going into the store to pick this up on release day, but now for obvious reasons pre ordered it for delivery online. Still accepting pre-orders, we'll see what day it actually gets delivered.

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
got my copy of Rise of Skywalker from Disney - w00t!
cranked it up to "11" and it was awesome.
The ending sound killed my 20 year old subwoofer -
the baffles around the speaker which wore out over the years failed.

best looking and best sounding Star Wars in my opinion.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Jedi is posted now too.

if anyone comes up with a way to buy these titles cheaper let me know.

$30 a title is really steep. The $250+ box set is also overpriced imo.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jedi is posted now too.

if anyone comes up with a way to buy these titles cheaper let me know.

$30 a title is really steep. The $250+ box set is also overpriced imo.

Disney Movie Club...current VIP offer is 60% off (there is also a 50% off offer). I have everything but Last Jedi-already got it-and Rise of Skywalker-not eligible-in my cart plus anything I needed (Pixar's and Disney's...16 total 4K discs) for $244.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Disney Movie Club...current VIP offer is 60% off (there is also a 50% off offer). I have everything but Last Jedi-already got it-and Rise of Skywalker-not eligible-in my cart plus anything I needed (Pixar's and Disney's...16 total 4K discs) for $244.

got it. I am not currently a club member. I won’t have time to take advantage of the offer.

I did look into joining but many of the titles I would buy are only on blu ray for joining.

I did see 10% off at deep discount.

Other deals?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
got it. I am not currently a club member. I won’t have time to take advantage of the offer.

I did look into joining but many of the titles I would buy are only on blu ray for joining.

I did see 10% off at deep discount.

Other deals?

It won't surprise me is at least one store has some sort of deal trying to undercut the others next week (maybe 25-27ea), but nothing I can find right now. I suspect if you want under $20-25ea you're going to have to wait a while

Bullmoose is $30 ea, but at least no sales tax outside Maine.
Deep Discount -- 10% off but I'm not finding listings for them other than ROS

DMC -- ALL the initial selections are going to have to be DVD or BD since none of the 4K are eligible for those 1st 6 items and you're certainly not going to be able to get the best deal by SW Release day under under method. You could get the average SW 4K price down to around $16-17 ea, but you have to find a way around those initial 6-8 choices. There are folks who have absolutely no interest in anything besides the SW UHD titles that have decided to get 8 of the higher value Exclusives like 20000 Leagues, Romney March, Return to Oz, etc for around $65 just to get a chance for the SW 4K items for as little as $160 for all 10 with B1G60% Bonus New VIP offer. There are already a couple people who swear they've sold the Sign-up items, pre-sold the digital copies and essentially ended up with all the discs for Free (or in the black)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It won't surprise me is at least one store has some sort of deal trying to undercut the others next week (maybe 25-27ea), but nothing I can find right now. I suspect if you want under $20-25ea you're going to have to wait a while

Bullmoose is $30 ea, but at least no sales tax outside Maine.
Deep Discount -- 10% off but I'm not finding listings for them other than ROS

DMC -- ALL the initial selections are going to have to be DVD or BD since none of the 4K are eligible for those 1st 6 items and you're certainly not going to be able to get the best deal by SW Release day under under method. You could get the average SW 4K price down to around $16-17 ea, but you have to find a way around those initial 6-8 choices. There are folks who have absolutely no interest in anything besides the SW UHD titles that have decided to get 8 of the higher value Exclusives like 20000 Leagues, Romney March, Return to Oz, etc for around $65 just to get a chance for the SW 4K items for as little as $160 for all 10 with B1G60% Bonus New VIP offer. There are already a couple people who swear they've sold the Sign-up items, pre-sold the digital copies and essentially ended up with all the discs for Free (or in the black)

Understood. I may go this way as well.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Is there a limit on the Disney movie club sale? It’s good until 4/20.

can I place multiple orders?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

I placed my initial order and I am now trying to decide how many Star Wars titles to order.

my thought is get a few now and the others when they do the 40% off sale again?

or can I do another 40% off order in a week or so???

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

The normal monthly offer isn't one time only, but since you have to buy 1 full priced item to get the discount on the rest it makes more sense to place one big order with the max discount. I hate to do a full DMC in the SW thread, but I'll try to be brief. Again -- all this sounds a lot more complicated than is in practice, but summarizing the basics and trying to add crucial details in text isn't the easiest

The current B1G60% expires 4/6 and is only available for full/Senior/VIP members (those who have bought all their required items + few weeks to fully upgrade your account). After that you at the mercy of whatever cycle offer is active at the time (there's always some B1 G% offer though). From 4/7-4/20 the VIP offer is B1G50%

The better news - once you join and buy all your Required titles to fulfill your commitments, brand new VIP's do get rewarded with a one time use BONUS B1G60% offer which is attached to their acct about a week after your online acct officially shows VIP status

For current nonmembers that time can be pretty short-- you could join today with the Optimal Promo Codes (CRITICAL EDIT -- make sure the PROMO are giving you to proper deal) listed in the DMC Thread - 5 for $1 + 1st Commit Bonus at $12, place an order for your required 2 full priced items (no % off discounts allowed). Once those process and ship, your account should upgrade to VIP within a week and then a few days later you should have the NEW VIP BONUS.

At that point you could order one $35 item and get 50 other same/lower regular priced $34.95 4K items for $14 ea with Free Shipping (Infinity War 4K is reg price 29.95). Right now that's all other 4K except Frozen 2 and ROS which are still promotionally priced at 29.99 and not eligible for % off discounts. It's never clear when those new item Promotional discounts will be pulled and have them listed at regular price though it usually happens at a FT change so April 7 or 21 are the most likely times.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I placed my initial order and I am now trying to decide how many Star Wars titles to order.

my thought is get a few now and the others when they do the 40% off sale again?

or can I do another 40% off order in a week or so???

I wouldn't order anything at 40% off. See my last post.
The goal is to get to the 60% offer as cheaply/quickly as possible. The B1G40% offer is lowest discount possible.
Even normal VIP offers vary cycle to cycle at B1G 50% or 60%

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks