What's new

Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, I never did go back to bed so I'll order this set this evening before turning in as it will be a birthday gift to myself.:D My real decision is whether to do store pickup or have them ship it to me. I would be pissed if they close the BB stores before March 31st and I can't pick up my order.

Okay, I am excited to find out...

Did you buy the mega set, Crawdaddy?

If you did, I hope you got it shipped. You really shouldn't be standing on line to pick this up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ha - you're a maniac! :D
I'd like to disagree but when you're right, you're right.

I know I saw the SE versions 2X each in 1997 - and I was all excited about opening night of "ROTJ" SE because they gave away an exclusive action figure for the first screening!

I was big into "SW" toy collecting back then so I got to the theater like 90 minutes earlier to beat the inevitable surge of nerds out for free action figures.

And I was the only one there! :wacko:
The Jedi Luke figure! That thing was going for like $100 back in 1997 and now it's probably $10. :laugh:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
One more potentially dumb question:

I know the BB box includes "digital codes". Those are the same ones I use to get Disney Insider points, correct?

If I'm gonna shell out all this money, I want my damned points! :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You like "Sith" best of the whole 9, not just of the PT?

That is correct! I have to admit it’s not absolutely flawless but I think it’s the most ambitious and for me is the most satisfying of the bunch.

I was thinking of doing a mini marathon of trilogy enders soon - Sith, Jedi and Skywalker.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
That is correct! I have to admit it’s not absolutely flawless but I think it’s the most ambitious and for me is the most satisfying of the bunch.

I like the 2nd half of "Sith" much more than the 1st. The 1st is a mess but once Anakin turns, it gets good.

I was thinking of doing a mini marathon of trilogy enders soon - Sith, Jedi and Skywalker.[/QUOTE]

Once I get the 4K set, I'm doing that whole 9.

Not sure what order, though!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was just looking at the Best Buy site for something else and see that they are closing their stores temporarily except for curbside pick-up. I thought they’d close. I’d planned to order this set to have it delivered.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I was just looking at the Best Buy site for something else and see that they are closing their stores temporarily except for curbside pick-up. I thought they’d close. I’d planned to order this set to have it delivered.

Uh, you still can pre-order it for delivery. ;)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
The guy seemed to identify the 2 discs that were on each movie’s “page” as the 4K disc of the film and the bonus disc, which would deduce that the discs further back at the end of the book to be the blu-rays of the films? More likely I would think the 4K disc and the blu-rays would be first for each movie, and then each film’s “bonus” discs to be in the back.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My only nitpick here...

It seems to suggest that the way these films are boxed is the order you should watch them in.

For someone who doesn't know any better, watching Episodes I-III first is a huge mistake if you don't want the big reveal in V.

However, I understand why they did it this way, and most true fans should know better.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My only nitpick here...

It seems to suggest that the way these films are boxed is the order you should watch them in.

For someone who doesn't know any better, watching Episodes I-III first is a huge mistake if you don't want the big reveal in V.

However, I understand why they did it this way, and most true fans should know better.
Hell, anybody spending $250 on this 4K box set already knows about the great reveal in V.:)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let me explain further.

I worry -- though I shouldn't -- how these films are presented to future generations that don't know the saga.

It's like the big Star Wars question that has been asked over and over again, "What order should someone watch these films?"

Again, it's a mere nitpick. If this were my set, I would put all the films in order of original release.

Mark VH

Second Unit
Let me explain further.

I worry -- though I shouldn't -- how these films are presented to future generations that don't know the saga.

It's like the big Star Wars question that has been asked over and over again, "What order should someone watch these films?"

Again, it's a mere nitpick. If this were my set, I would put all the films in order of original release.

Gotta let it go. Let new generations discover the films in whichever way they do. For an entire generation the prequels are their first exposure to Star Wars. To them they ARE Star Wars. That’ll be the same with the new trilogy as well and whatever comes next. There are generations who will look at the Original Trilogy as the “old, weird ones.” Some already do. It’s ok.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Planning on watching the Skywalker Saga 4K boxed-set with Solo 4K (which I already own) and Rogue One 4K (on the way from Bull Moose) sequenced between Episode III and Episode IV. And maybe The Clone Wars animated film on BD in between Episodes II and III while I'm at it, too. Got plenty of unexpected time on my hands now due to the lockdown.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Planning on watching the Skywalker Saga 4K boxed-set with Solo 4K (which I already own) and Rogue One 4K (on the way from Bull Moose) sequenced between Episode III and Episode IV. And maybe The Clone Wars animated film on BD in between Episodes II and III while I'm at it, too. Got plenty of unexpected time on my hands now due to the lockdown.
If things go long enough, you may be able to throw The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Mandalorian and Resistance into the mix too. Pray it doesn't last long enough to be able to read the novels and comic books.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks