Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I placed my initial order and I am now trying to decide how many Star Wars titles to order.

my thought is get a few now and the others when they do the 40% off sale again?

or can I do another 40% off order in a week or so???
In the spirit of the thread -- I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Are the promo codes working today? When you signed up did you get the page with 5 for $1, possibly a Blanket, and Free Shipping or some 4 for $1 page? Without the promotional code that leaves you with up to 4 or 5 full priced commitments which can really harm the overall value. If that's critical, you may still have time to abort the signup before it goes to processing.

Someone on Bluray.com said they just tried and the promo codes weren't working like yesterday and Monday

Reactions: Osato

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
In the spirit of the thread -- I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Are the promo codes working today? When you signed up did you get the page with 5 for $1, possibly a Blanket, and Free Shipping or some 4 for $1 page? Without the promotional code that leaves you with up to 4 or 5 full priced commitments which can really harm the overall value. If that's critical, you may still have time to abort the signup before it goes to processing.

Someone on Bluray.com said they just tried and the promo codes weren't working like yesterday and Monday
I’m showing the same. I’m on the hook to buy 4 titles at full price.

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
(Nerd hat on.) It’s actually not - the BD is the correct version. When they did the DVD, a wipe that was present in the theatrical version was (accidentally?) changed to a cut. The BD restores the wipe as present in theatrical release.

...not that I’ve watched the movie too many times or anything :D
There were two versions of ROTS running simultaneously in theaters in 2005 and I made a point to see both. The 35mm version (screen wipe to Anakin's metal hand on Mustafar, Padme doesn't take his hand at the wedding) and the digital projection version (hard cut to his hand on Mustafar, Padme does take his hand at the wedding.)

So the DVD did provide a version seen in theaters. The Blu-ray does not since Lucas added new dialogue of all the clones shouting as they raid General Grievous' hideout on Utapau.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Bill hunt has posted UHd Blu ray reviews for the first 6 films.

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Doug
And now TFA, TLJ, and RO as well with RO apparently having the best transfer of the entire lineup.
Not surprising. It was also the best looking Blu-ray out of the whole lineup, AND (IMO) the most visually beautiful Star Wars film ever.

On another note, Best Buy charged my credit card for my Skywalker Saga box preorder yesterday. Looks like deliveries will be on time.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
I just signed up for the Disney movie club. With the 60% offer I should be able to purchase most of the films for $14 each.

I had to buy quite a bit to join though.

for me it was worth it though.

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino
I’ll be getting the individual 4K releases. Not interested in that bulky BB box set.

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino
For Disney stuff, I redeem them for Disney Movie Rewards.

The rest just sit in the cases and I don't do nuttin' with 'em!
Why not sell them or better yet give them to fellow members gratis. ;)

TJPC

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I probably have 100 or so that do not work in Canada. I keep hoping I will find a miracle code to use first that will let me use them in Canada.

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino
I probably have 100 or so that do not work in Canada. I keep hoping I will find a miracle code to use first that will let me use them in Canada.
See my post above.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
My copy, purchased from DMC, arrived Thursday - surprisingly, well ahead of release day. I'm looking at doing a SW marathon this weekend and watching everything but the TV stuff.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthia1