What's new

Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I completely understand. I have certain titles where I feel the same way, but fortunately for my wallet these titles don't qualify - - especially when I have access to the 4K version already paid for on Disney+ for 2.5 more years.

understood. I originally felt this way about Star Wars but in joining the Disney movie club to purchase the Star Wars films.

I think many people feel the same about films. This is another reason we continue to see disc sales declining.

I try to support discs but I recently bought an Apple 4k tv too. It’s all moving that way even if you don’t want to go streaming.

it was funny to see people really want James Bond on 4k and then when the Craig set 4k came out people decided they didn’t need to buy it.

I can see how studios are not that excited about physical releases anymore.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have the 3D version of this on order from A.uk to my US mailbox. The order says it is going through. I just tried through chat to change my delivery address to Canada, but a notice popped up saying they will not deliver here. In their listing it also says they do not deliver to the US. I hope I still get my pre-order.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The documentary on this disc is fantastic.

Agreed. :thumbs-up-smiley: I just finished watching The Skywalker Legacy and it was a wonderful two-plus hours of respite from the weariness of the past few weeks. It was bittersweet and, as Anthony Daniels concedes in it, "wistful." :mellow:

And it made me look forward to rewatching The Rise of Skywalker this coming weekend. :cool:

MaceWindu

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
I may have missed this bit of information, but does anyone know if the UHD box set has remastered transfers for the regular Blu-ray discs, or are they only available on the 4k discs? Thanks in advance.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Wal*Mart has an Upgrade to the regular packaging for the 4K ...
For $5.00 more you get ...
3dc0f939-f5ca-45b2-84e7-932ab4a07c5a_1.ee8c576bf65a6d7ae3aa96ea2b17d196.jpeg

An alternate cover ...

Target says my Target exclusive should be here on Wednesday ....

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My copy that was supposed to be delivered from Best Buy has been delayed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I ordered an extra mega set the day before release and it arrived yesterday from Best Buy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The same can't be said about Amazon as I received a half dozen emails from them today that my disc orders might be delayed due to Covid-19.

Yup. I got those same emails and I am certain everyone else will as well.

I don't even think it's an issue with Amazon. There are going to be replication delays moving forward.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yup. I got those same emails and I am certain everyone else will as well.

I don't even think it's an issue with Amazon. There are going to be replication delays moving forward.

Amazon's not delaying due to replication issues - they're prioritizing "items that our customers need the most", so media goes to the back of the line...

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I have pre-ordered it from A.uk, but right now they are saying they will not send to the US.

I've gotten 3 orders of preorder items from Amazon UK in the last 2 weeks. As long as your order in already in place I think you're fine and the items will go out reasonably when expected. Until they start cancelling orders I'd say stand pat.

New orders are a different issue, but it's not like there's a reliable alternative right now. Zavvi maybe, but some have already had cancelled orders and their shipping charge has nearly tripled in the last few weeks I'm guessing as they are considering other shipping agents.

AmazonJP has a 4K+ 3D combo pack releasing in 4 weeks, but $65 shipped (probably will end up closer to $60 like Ralph Breaks the Internet did, but not cheap). At least it appears Japan is still taking orders to the US at least.

Last edited:

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
After going back & forth about buying the set I decided to hold off for now. May 4th is a little over a month away & I could see the set being a deal of the day at Best Buy then.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I've gotten 3 orders of preorder items from Amazon UK in the last 2 weeks. As long as your order in already in place I think you're fine and the items will go out reasonably when expected. Until they start cancelling orders I'd say stand pat.

New orders are a different issue, but it's not like there's a reliable alternative right now. Zavvi maybe, but some have already had cancelled orders and their shipping charge has nearly tripled in the last few weeks I'm guessing as they are considering other shipping agents.

AmazonJP has a 4K+ 3D combo pack releasing in 4 weeks, but $65 shipped (probably will end up closer to $60 like Ralph Breaks the Internet did, but not cheap). At least it appears Japan is still taking orders to the US at least.
Try translating that to our now .70 dollar. The lower the price of oil, the lower our currency!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks