Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Doug
Also, my wife and I screened Rise of Skywalker last night. It was my third viewing and I'm finding that the film grows on me a little bit more each time I watch it. The 4K presentation is top-notch. This is a gorgeous 4K title, although I found that (per usual) Disney's Atmos track was about 10 dB low in my HT.

I also watched The Phantom Menace from the set on Wednesday, and it wasn't quite as bad as I remembered it to be. I plan on watching the entire saga in numerical order, so Attack of the Clones is up next.

Last edited:

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
I also watched The Phantom Menace from the set on Wednesday, and it wasn't quite as bad as I remembered it to be. I plan on watching the entire saga in numerical order, so Attack of the Clones is up next.
I've caught pieces of all of the SW movies through the years but a few years ago, I watched them all in order and found TPM to be more enjoyable than I remembered. AOTC was the movie that I found to be weaker than I remembered. The last hour is cool (from the point where Dooku comes in to talk to a captured Obi-Wan) but the scenes with Anakin and Padme on Naboo are rough. It may be controversial but I think Revenge Of The Sith is an overall better movie than Return Of The Jedi.

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Doug
I've caught pieces of all of the SW movies through the years but a few years ago, I watched them all in order and found TPM to be more enjoyable than I remembered. AOTC was the movie that I found to be weaker than I remembered. The last hour is cool (from the point where Dooku comes in to talk to a captured Obi-Wan) but the scenes with Anakin and Padme on Naboo are rough. It may be controversial but I think Revenge Of The Sith is an overall better movie than Return Of The Jedi.
I can't agree with you about Sith (I find the whole fall of Anakin thing to be completely contrived and without any gravitas), but totally agree about the romance angle in Clones. It's just wretched writing, directing, and acting. The masochist in me is looking forward to seeing how much of it I remember. ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just finished watching the 4k of RISE OF SKYWALKER. Looked absolutely stunning! Really beautiful.

Compared it to the Vudu 4k stream and there is just no comparison. The stream does not look nearly as good.

Interested to see if others saw the same results.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
@Ronald Epstein Bummer, my mailman screwed up today! I checked the USPS site and stated my Amazon package of "Rogue One" was placed in the Parcel Locker located at my neighborhood mailboxes location. I opened up my individual mailbox and there's no key for the Parcel Locker. I looked at the two Parcel Lockers and both of them didn't have any keys in them which indicates both lockers have packages in them. I don't know if my mailman forgot to leave the key in my mailbox or he mistakenly left the key in one of my neighbor's mail boxes. I go on the USPS site and there's no way to report my missing package as there is no box to check to report that missing package. So now, I have to wait until tomorrow to see if it shows up and talk to my mailman while he's delivering Saturday's mail in how should I proceed next.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Just finished watching the 4k of RISE OF SKYWALKER. Looked absolutely stunning! Really beautiful.

Compared it to the Vudu 4k stream and there is just no comparison. The stream does not look nearly as good.

Interested to see if others saw the same results.
Ron,

Did you like the movie more after your second viewing of it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Reactions: Osato

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
I actually did. The home experience is actually better than the theatrical.
I think most people will enjoy this movie more after additional viewings of it.

Reactions: Osato and TravisR

MarkA

Second Unit
Reaction score
Ron,

Did you like the movie more after your second viewing of it.
I think if you call 1-(800) USPS they can relay a message to your local office and get a message to your carrier to correct this. I was a carrier for 29 years.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
I think most people will enjoy this movie more after additional viewings of it.
Being a Star Wars super fan, I'm probably different than most people here but the more I saw the picture, the more I liked it. Once someone has seen it and is rid of the expectations of it being "the last movie in the Skywalker saga", I think they can enjoy it more for what it is than worry about what they want.

I don't know how many people want to invest two hours of time in the documentary but that really nicely captured alot of what I liked about the movie and what Abrams & company were trying to do and say with it.

Reactions: questrider

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
@Ronald Epstein Bummer, my mailman screwed up today! I checked the USPS site and stated my Amazon package of "Rogue One" was placed in the Parcel Locker located at my neighborhood mailboxes location. I opened up my individual mailbox and there's no key for the Parcel Locker. I looked at the two Parcel Lockers and both of them didn't have any keys in them which indicates both lockers have packages in them. I don't know if my mailman forgot to leave the key in my mailbox or he mistakenly left the key in one of my neighbor's mail boxes. I go on the USPS site and there's no way to report my missing package as there is no box to check to report that missing package. So now, I have to wait until tomorrow to see if it shows up and talk to my mailman while he's delivering Saturday's mail in how should I proceed next.
I'm happy to report that one of my neighbors was nice enough to bring me my two packages that my mailman mistakenly left the parcel key in his mail box. That's a load off my mind as this is the third incident in the last 3-4 months that I had missing mail.

Reactions: MarkA and TravisR

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Funny - I find I like "Menace" less over the years and "Clones" more!

I really disliked "Clones" when I saw it theatrically - it's the only "Star Wars" Episode I failed to see twice on the big screen because of that - but I enjoy it more with additional viewings.

The farther we get from 1999, the more irked I am with the flaws in "Menace"!

Reactions: JoshZ

Wayne_j

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Wayne
Menace has slowly grown into my favorite prequel. I just can't stomach Natalie Portman with Hayden Christianson.

Reactions: Osato

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
Funny - I find I like "Menace" less over the years and "Clones" more!

I really disliked "Clones" when I saw it theatrically - it's the only "Star Wars" Episode I failed to see twice on the big screen because of that - but I enjoy it more with additional viewings.

The farther we get from 1999, the more irked I am with the flaws in "Menace"!
AOTC still works overall for me because of the battle scenes and, as usual, everything with Obi-Wan/McGregor is wonderful.

Menace has slowly grown into my favorite prequel. I just can't stomach Natalie Portman with Hayden Christianson.
I think they're good together in ROTS but they do have far fewer scenes together and they're more about Anakin's turn to the dark side than their love and that probably helps.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
So for you guys that got the box set. Is it worth it? Or would just getting the individual 4K's be about the same? Just like so many people lost my job this week. But huge SW fan and wondering if funds from my last check would be worth it? LOL Cause at some point the separate films will come down in price with a sale at some point.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
So for you guys that got the box set. Is it worth it? Or would just getting the individual 4K's be about the same? Just like so many people lost my job this week. But huge SW fan and wondering if funds from my last check would be worth it? LOL Cause at some point the separate films will come down in price with a sale at some point.
I went with the box set because it was cheaper than buying them individually at $30 a piece. That being said, I'm sure people that wait will eventually find a better sale price than the $250 for the box set.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Where is the supposedly really fantastic documentary that is on this set?

I would suspect the last disc in the box, but thought I would ask before I start pulling discs out.

Thanks

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthia1