What's new

Star Wars Clone Wars on Cartoon Network (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Depends how you define canon. Lucas has watched them personally and approved them. From USAToday.com:
"My son Jett (age 10) and I sat down to watch Clone Wars one weekend, and we were blown away by it," Lucas says. "I've always loved Samurai Jack, so I was curious to see what Genndy could do with Star Wars. ... It complements the movies well."

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
If the Holiday Special is canon, then did Luke Skywalker really save Chewbacca from the "Pigs in Space?" And can he really sing like that?

:D

Phil

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Now the next big question is, exactly when are the next 10 episodes scheduled to air? All we know is that it's set for early 2004, but I've not heard any definite airing date.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up my TDK S-VHS tape to record this from satellite. One of those times I wish I had two machines a DVD recorder and a Liteon DV2001 player. Record it one the DVD player, upscale it to 1080i and record it in it's 1080i glory. But one needs a HD t.v. to even hope, oh well, end of the day here and trying to keep awake before the long trip home. :D

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thought I would comment on Clone Wars now that I've seen them all a few times. Great stuff. And I'm not a big animation fan.

Great action, great art, and just cool.

Can't wait for the dvd! :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm guessing this is where Lucasfilm will be heading following Episode III????

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Not really. About the same in the sense that they all have aspects which just don't fit in with the rest of Star Wars.

Here's why I think so:
The bad guy who is made of silly string and Obi-Wan busting out of him like Tommy Lee Jones in MIB.

Rob T

Screenwriter
There's only 10?
Damn. I was kind of hoping they'd finish off the Anakin battle in this season.
It was pretty sweet though.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
any word on Cartoon Network rebroadcasting Eps 1-10 any time soon? Missed the first go round, would hate to have to wait until Spring...and would rather not watch them over the web...

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
New episodes in the spring.

I really enjoyed this little micro-series. I was pleasantly surprised at how it got me to itch to watch the next episode.

I think that the SillyStringThing was a little over the top, but the rest of it was darn good.

Mike

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I had an opportunity to watch the first five episodes last week, and found it to be a major disappointment. I was looking forward to it, given the positive comments here, but it bored me. The first episode was promising, but then it just stopped being anything. Instead, its just big battles with no point, no plot, no characters. The main SW characters stand around in the background, occasionally appearing in some hologram for five seconds to give orders, then going away. I simply did not care.

It really needed to be 1/2 hour long - this would allow time to have the big battles, but also have some plot, give you some idea why everything is happening, and most importantly, give our main characters some screen time.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
TheForce.net reported that Episodes 11-20 will begin airing on Cartoon Network in the U.S. March 26th, based on a report linked from the New York Post. So it looks like we now have a date that appears to be confirmed! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks