What's new

Star Wars Clone Wars on Cartoon Network (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I didn't see a thread about the show that starts tonight.

So, what is the plan? the show is 5 minutes a night for 10 straight "knights", what is to be done for the other 25 minutes each night??

Do you guys think it will be better than Episode II (or even III)?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It starts tonight (7-Nov) at 8:00 PM.

The Cartoon Network will start another program at 8:05 each night it airs. It will be on every weeknight until Thursday 13-Nov. A day or so after they air, the episodes will also be accessible on the Star Wars and Cartoon Network web sites.

There will be an additional 10 installments in the Spring.

Regards,

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
In reality, it's only going to be 3 minutes long each night. I plan on watching it, taping the first few minutes of Joan of Arcadia, and then watching the beginning of that during the commerical.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I have been anticipating this myself. It is by the same guy who does Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack, Genndy Tartakovsky. He does good work.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Excellent short. Epic and micro, charming and serious. Perfect animation and structure.

It'll be a great hour on DVD...that's for certain :)

Loved it,
Chuck

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
I liked it. The Anakin Padme shot at the end was a nice nod to Empire Strikes back ending.

Jeremy G.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
What a piece of crap. It was just a trailer. Voice acting was mediocre, the score seemed completely out of place, and the extensive Samurai Jack scenes didn't work for me. And before I could blink (and once those morons introducing it shut up) it was over. I'll rent it on DVD, and maybe there will be something substantive there.

I just happened to be channel surfing, and home on a Friday night, (flu) and I caught it. Dissapointing.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I enjoyed it. Like I mentioned in another thread, I'm glad they made it serious (except for the small part where C-3P0 gets hit with a cloak).

About the DVD. When Clone War is released, do you think they'll edit the series into a seamless 1 hour film? Or do you think each episode will start off with the The Clone War title and Chapter?

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
extensive scenes? but it was over before you could blink.

I wish they just would have it on one night, because this was just the beginning of a short film.

I wonder why they couldn't get the real actors to voice the cartoon, weren't they just working on the movie? I'm sure there isn't much dialouge in this thing.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I wonder why they couldn't get the real actors to voice the cartoon, weren't they just working on the movie? I'm sure there isn't much dialouge in this thing.
That's another thing that bugged me, because they were so out-of-place. And the characterization of Palpatine was too Mr. Burns. It just didn't fit the two films.

The war machines, which I thought were wonderful in the AotC, just looked childish and cute, not War Machines at all. Clone troopers looked good, though.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I absolutely loved it, a very promising start for this series. I got chills during the goodbye shot between Anakin and Padme (definitely an ESB homage) and the shot where Obi-Wan looks on worriedly at the Army of the Republic. It's amazing what Tartakovsky and co. could achieve in only three minutes. :emoji_thumbsup:

I wonder why they couldn't get the real actors to voice the cartoon
They at least got Anthony Daniels to voice C-3PO, although he didn't say anything in this particular chapter. Most of the other voice actors have already voiced these characters in video games.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Overall, it left me wanting to see more, so I suppose it did its job in that respect. I thought it looked great, and it felt like Star Wars, so I can't really complain. I can say this: I'm definitely looking forward to Monday night at 8! :)

One thing though: I hope I'm not the only one who thought the introduction by the host was in really bad taste. I mean, yes, I know I'm a complete loser who has nothing to do on a Friday night but sit at home for a three minute and change cartoon, but do I really need to be reminded of this by the host of the network I'm watching? :rolleyes

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
One thing though: I hope I'm not the only one who thought the introduction by the host was in really bad taste.
I agree, that guy was a pain. I don't know why Cartoon Network decided to add hosts to their Friday primetime block. I expect this kind of crap from Nickelodeon, but not from CN.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
One thing though: I hope I'm not the only one who thought the introduction by the host was in really bad taste. I mean, yes, I know I'm a complete loser who has nothing to do on a Friday night but sit at home for a three minute and change cartoon, but do I really need to be reminded of this by the host of the network I'm watching?
You really took THREE WHOLE MINUTES out of your life to watch a cartoon?! Yeah, that really makes you a big loser. That host sounds like a pretty big loser himself. (I don't have cable so I didn't actually see it.)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Nothing like insulting the people who you rely on for ratings, therefore money.

I think he was trying to be ironic, perhaps a big man in front of the little kids, but he came off sounding like a mean-spirited jackass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks