What's new

Star Wars Clone Wars on Cartoon Network (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I mean, yes, I know I'm a complete loser who has nothing to do on a Friday night but sit at home for a three minute and change cartoon, but do I really need to be reminded of this by the host of the network I'm watching?
Well, in my "Party Days" People usually didn't go out until around 9:00-10:00. Sometimes we'd go to someone's house and just hang around, perhaps watch a little TV before actually going out. I don't think the entire viewing audience went right to bed at 8:05pm (I didn't stick around for the Pokemon movie)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Agreed on the hosts. Fat boy seemed like he was even annoying his cohost, who finally told him to shut up! LOL!

Loved this short epic. Looking forward to next week. This is great marketing, and, just like Beneath the Dome, worth the small time spent.

Matt

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the poster who asked if anyone thinks the dvd will have the opening intro for each short, on the dvd.

you were kidding right.

so every 3 minutes we would have to watch the same opening again for each show?

i doubt it.

i missed the first 2 but i'm trying to figure out what the reason is for it to be 3 minute shorts?
ok so this way the only have to make one actual episode that can be stretched out for 10 weeks.

plus i'm not a big fan of the samurai jack style of animation.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Wow, I hate to be the first to say it, but I enjoyed these individual minutes more than most of the minutes in the last two Star Wars movies. Very well done. Love the animator a lot. His work is the neatest animation out there, right now. I thought the voices weren't bad. Was it Oz as Yoda? That sounded dead on. Obi Wan sounded okay (it fooled a couple of fellow losers...I mean friends...at my house but not me). I agree, if Palpatine had said "excellent" or "Simpson, eh?" as his steepled his hands, the comparison would have been complete. The epic micro trailer had us giggling like school girls. I wish more movies used epic micro trailers (hint: Matrix, thanks for blowing EVERY good bit in the trailer).

Can't wait for next week.

Phil

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight was awesome. I agree, though, that it will probably work alot better as one fluid thing; just as you're getting into it it's over.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i thought it was okay, but i watched it online, so i wasn't expecting much. if i had made a special effort to watch it on tv, i probably would have been a little more irked.

this will definitely work better as one fluid story ... these segments are simply too short.

i liked the use of sound effects.

what was up with yoda and ben giving in to the bad guy's (sorry...don't remember name) suggestion to let anakin lead his own troops? c'mon...

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Ted,

For the same reason they let Anakin take Padme to Naboo. He's the most powerful dark jedi in history, he can corrupt their minds, and their "ability to use the force is diminished."

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Arc Troopers: Obi Wan told them "Your the Best"

Now, aren't they all clones of the same guy (Jango Fett)? Do the other feel bad about not being among the best? And they can't blame it on genetics!

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Reposting from the STAR WARS thread in the movies forum:

Chapter 2 was even better than Chapter 1. We are getting into the meat of the story here, and I loved it.

FAVORITE MOMENTS:

-Obi-Wan's briefing of the ARC troopers.

-Anakin fixing his starfighter with his mechanical arm.

-Obi-Wan and Anakin talking about Anakin's skills and maturity.

-Commander Skywalker!!!

-The beginning of the space battle...I think this comes front and center in a future episode.

-The Battle Droid running up the stairs...

-The last scene...showing an ARC trooper in the crosshairs, then fade to black.

Can't wait for tonight!!!!

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator

From what has been said in various places (comics, backs of action figure cards, etc), the ARC Troopers were trained by Jango Fett himself and have a greater degree of independent thinking than the regular Clone Troopers do. So, one might say that they are the "Super Commandos" of the Clone Army, in a manner of speaking. Now, like I said, the ARCs are a creation of the Expanded Universe (i.e. not considered as the "gospel" according to LFL), but nevertheless, that's the backstory on them.

As for last night, I got goosebumps when Obi-Wan said "Commander Skywalker." Going into this, I was afraid it would be another "Droids" or "Ewoks" fiasco, but so far, it feels like Star Wars.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Chapter three was even cooler. I love these little guys! The Arc troopers were such nifty creations. You can see Jango in them, even with his two gun twirling. Oddly enough, THESE guys are how I imagined Storm Troopers to be in the original movies but somehow never were. In those movies, Obi Wan talks about their precise shots and so on but in action, they were spraying and praying! But these guys were tight. Maybe he was just remembering the Arc Troopers in A New Hope? :) Very fun to watch. Can't wait for some more Jedi action!

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks