What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Star Wars: Andor with Diego Luna (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Showing the first two episodes is an interesting strategy. Viewers of season one are aware it takes three episodes to complete the initial setup of the series. By only showing two episodes and essentially leaving viewers (sort of) hanging; will that drive subscriptions?

One of the twitter replies makes the same observation, BTW.

- Walter.
Also, I realize that they pretty much have to start at the beginning but I'd argue that those two episodes are the weakest of the series.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
1668532267557.png

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I haven’t posted in this thread as I’ve been behind from the start. My wife and I watched the first episode on the night it premiered and have been steadily watching one per week since, but we finally started to watch it a tad more often so we could get caught up in order to be “current” going into the final two episodes.

My general thought is that it’s absolutely amazing! Maybe not as good as The Mandalorian, but it’s kind of hard to compare it to that (or really to Star Wars as a whole) because of how different and unique it is. But this is WAY better than the Obi-wan show, which I think wasn’t done very well. This uses the medium of a tv series structure WAY better than Obi-wan did, and IMO, Obi-wan really should have just been a 2-hour or so movie.

Cannot wait to see how the season concludes and will miss it until the second (final?) season hits in almost two years. :mellow:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
S1E11 - "Daughter of Ferrix"

Once again the show goes a few places that I didn't expect. This episode features a very fractured narrative in terms of a lot of jumps between story lines and locations that further the narrative of season one.

The show opens on a brief moment with Cassian and Melshi eluding Imperial surveillance and then cuts to Ferrix.

We see, from B2EMO's perspective, Maarva's friends and associates dealing with her passing. B is not coping very well and I really felt sorry for the little droid. :(

Back on Narkina 5, Cassian and Melshi get some rather unexpected assistance and depart the local area.

The jumps in the narrative continue with scenes on Ferrix, Coruscant, and Saw Gerrera's outpost.

In an earlier episode Dedra Meero tells Bix (paraphrasing) when you cast a net sometimes you don't get a fish. The commander of the Imperial Patrol that interdicts Luthen's ship finds this out in a great action sequence. If Jame Bond existed in the SW universe he could only wish that he had Luthen's ship. :)

In a rather somber ending Cassian gets word from Ferrix of Maarva's passing. The music and the shot of the ocean and sky was very evocative of the beach scene at the finale of Rogue One.

One episode left...

So, I expect Cassian will travel to Ferrix for Maarva's funeral and Cinta will encounter him there and assist him in evading capture by the ISB. Syril Karn will no doubt be there as well and I wonder what part he will play. It will probably go very wrong for him. :)

One other note, I was honestly surprised that Cassian was able to retrieve his assets from the hotel. Seemed very unlikely but maybe the cleaning staff at the establishment isn't very proficient.

Also, not sure what that club-like weapon that Luthen was carrying might be, but I am fairly confident we will see it being employed somewhere down the road. (During his entry to Saw Gerrera's outpost. "Put it down or give it back.")

Continues to be great.

- Walter.

Last edited:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Wow. Amazing episode. That tractor beam sequence was absolutely epic. Looks like all the pieces are in place for the finale. I too, was wondering how in the hell the case full of money was still there. That was the one thing that took me out of the episode.

I'm really wondering if the event that started off the entire series (Cassian looking for his sister) is going to be addressed, resolved, or forgotten completely.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
At the end we see Cassian Andor running with another escapee. We don't find out whether Kino Loy escapes or not as we find he can't swim. Something tells me he manages to escape and we'll see him before the end of the series.
I don't think so. This isn't a "happy ending for everyone" SW series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great episode. I’ve loved the show from the beginning, although I wonder how they’ll wrap it up next week. There are a lot of stories going on. But boy, this is just about the best Star Wars has ever been.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks