What's new

SPL1200 to SVS (1 Viewer)

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator
well, i went from ordering the velodyne spl1200, having that be out of stock, cancelling the ordder, to now having a CS ultra and s1000 amp coming on tuesday. all you SVS fans BETTER BE RIGHT about this piece!!! :)

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Congrats on the new sub. I have an SVS but it is the 20-39CS, you will not regret your purchase. Comeback and let us know what you think.

MikeHalder

Stunt Coordinator
I can definitely speak from experience that the 20-39CS+ will hit harder and lower than the SPL1200. I have recently gotten the dual 20-39CS+/Samson 1000 package and they definitely out gun my 2 SPL1200's. I am currently running the SVS subs corner loaded (one in each front corner) and the SPL1200's along the rear wall on either side of my couch (main listening position). After very minimal BFD equalization I have gotten AMAZING results in my 2400cu ft room:D. The SVS's alone are incredible, but throw the SPL1200's into the mix and you get huge amounts of clean bass with headroom to spare. You will find that the SVS's will go much lower than the Velos, in my case great base at 16HZ and lower, that’s w/o the port plug. I think you will be very happy with the SVS vs. the SPL1200.:emoji_thumbsup:
Mike

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator
Iv'e had the ultra for a few days now, I beleive it is definately better than the spl1200 would have been, although lugging that 80 pound beast up stairs is definately a chore. it blends with my jbl S series speakers better than i thought it would. there is definately more of a thump from this sub that you can feel in your chest than from my jbl sub. the only other thing i have to say is Fight Club air crash scene.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Mike,
that fight club scene IS a real killer...tons of amptitude and good extension into the 20-25hz area.
Hard to believe a passive cylinder is that heavy huh :)
I would guess the single Ultra to be a good match for 1.5 HGS18s...so it would just wipe the floor with a spl1200.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks