Any Velodyne SPL1200 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Paquette, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

Anybody here own one of these subs? I really would like to pull the trigger on an SVS 25-31 PC Plus, but so far I'm having some trouble getting it past the wife test. I've seen some online places selling the Velodyne for about $800, about the same as the SVS. Anybody have any links to a performance chart for this sub, similar to what SVS has for their subs? Any tips on trying to explain to my wife that in order for a sub to sound decent it has to be bigger than a shoe box?

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Mark did you know that SVS will be coming out with box sub configurations in the very near future? This is not a try to steer you away from Velodyne for I run two Velo's, but the SVS option keeps on growing. I see you have been a member for some time so you must know unless you hang out in the movie section or something?

3. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

Steve nn,

I knew that SVS was coming out with a box type sub in the very near future. I assumed the box would be quite large, something in the 20+" height, width, depth range. Something the size of an end table is going to have a low WAF in our house. The Velodyne intrigued me because of its smaller size.

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I figured Mark and I understand. I would figure the SVS box variety to be on the larger side to.

5. Donald Shrum

Donald Shrum Stunt Coordinator

I have been trying to check out the SVS but can't seem to find anyone near by that would demo them. I would suggest looking into buying a HGS-12 used online. They are all over audiogon for about $700-1200. But i definitely like my HGS-12.