What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

SpiderMan 2 dvd is in very good hands indeed (1 Viewer)

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
I hope DeLauzarika focuses on A/V quality.

I think he should take Bjoern_Roy's advice and quit using the heavy horizontal and vertical filtering on NTSC DVD's, and just make the Superbit edition or better the first time out.

Also, why can't we have true 480p mastering on our DVDs?

DEFINITEly fix up those menus, I have no clue what effect they were going for on the first one.

And finally, make sure to give us the trailers in HIGH QUALITY VIDEO + 5.1, and any relevant music videos in the same format if possible, unlike the DISAPPOINTMENT on the recent ROTK Theatrical DVD.

It's the little things that make the experience of watching the DVD that much better.

Thanks!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ok guys , instead of making a whole new thread ill just ask my question here.Does anyone think theyll be another spiderman limited edition box set for part 2 like they had for the first ?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I found the CAP codes were very well done in Spiderman 2 - much smaller than usual and relatively well hidden, but I still saw them.

The worst case of CAP codes I ever saw was in Underworld. Rather bad movie, but it was made worse by the CAP codes. There is one point where there is a pivotal flashback sequence. In that one sequence (maybe no longer than a minute) I saw the dots on five seperate occasions. I was so busy being distracted by the bloody dots I was honestly incapable of actually paying attention to the film. I was so busy thinking "Any second now there'll be more dots". I ended up having no idea what the hell happened in the flashback - thankfully the characters then told me what happened in the flashback anyway. First time I have been grateful for a film that overexplains its plot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I recall the CAP codes during the scene with the police chase, and the criminals ride up Peter's scooter and run him over, but Peter does a nifty stunt to get out of that situation. The codes were on the taxi side panel in one shot, and some other not-so-obvious places.

And if there's money to be made, no doubt we'll get one of those deluxe/LE 2-disc DVD sets.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I heard The Huff and Puff Song off of Songs for the Jogging Crowd on the radio a few weeks back. Funny stuff.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Any chance that the Alex Ross art from the opening credits will be viewable outside of the credits? The art looked fantastic, I'd really like to see more of it.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
That would be great.
I came across a site the other day that had that artwork posted - but I can't remember where it was.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
David, I know you read these threads frequently, especially when they're in regards to your projects, and I was wondering what you could tell us about this initial release of Spidey-2. Is this first version a place holder for a better, more elaborate version down the road, or are they doing it right the first time? I hope that by hiring you as producer, someone who is known for highly extensive, elaborate SEs they're doing right the first time round, buy the fact that it's C/TS we're talking about, who are the worst offenders when it comes to double-dips, still makes me nervous.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Is Charlie de Laurizaka (I sure hope I spelled his name right) doing this one? Oh hell, thought it was David Prior for some reason. Well, given that in my mind those two are just about the two best DVD producers out there, my comments about my hopes for this being the ultimate set from the beginning stand, as well as my fears of C/TS trying to rip us off. Stand firm Charlie, we all appreciate it. :D

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
You know what would be really cool? The bits putting up last year's producer's panel transcript...or was it 2 years ago I'm still waiting on?

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Bloody hell! Can't they just make one definitive edition (at least until they release the whole series in 50 years or whatever), instead of this? It's frigging ridiculous.

I'm buying the first version, and that's it. There's only so many extras I'd actually want to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks