What's new

Speakers too close to sub? (1 Viewer)

Tony Gibbons

Auditioning
I am curious, could there be negative effects from placing a speaker too close to a subwoofer? Like could the magnetic fields get distorted or something?

I have Infinity IL40 speakers up front and a DIY Tempest sub. I would like to put the IL40 right next to the sub. I was just wondering if it could be possible that the magnetic field of the sub could interract negatively with the other drivers.

What do you think?

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
No, nothing will happen. If there were negative effects, companies wouldn't make towers with subwoofers in them(like the Infinity IL50 or IL60)

Tony Gibbons

Auditioning
Good point...

Yeah, when I stuck the speaker next to the sub it just struck me as odd somehow. I wont worry about it.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Also think of it this way, you usually see towers with multiple drivers usually not very far away from each other. It doesn't affect one another although I know it feels weird though. I felt that way when I got my first computer speaker setup, I was concerned the subwoofer would somehow electrify something and blow it up.

Anthony Connor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Connor
I have 2 towers and I want to get a sub, but I have no room. I might have to stick the sub behind a tower. Will I still be able to distingish the sounds? or will it be all muddy ?

Regards

aXE

Brian.Huep

Agent
I want to know that too Anthony. I dont want to have to move my speakers in. Might have the sub partially behind one speaker. I have Quartets, they have the back radiator, hopefully that wont interfere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks