What's new

speakers for ~800 (1 Viewer)

Zhentkap

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris C
Hey all.

I'm in the process [like everyone else, it seems :)] of setting up a new system, cause my old one started having issues. ive got a Onkyo SR-674 and a Oppo upconverting DVD player, so im all set on those, but ive got to figure out speakers. since at the moment i live in a fraternity house, im considering sticking with decent center and fronts for now, and using a pair of crappy speakers i have as backs. the backs tend to get beaten up more than the rest, probably cause the others are next to the TV.

so at this point im looking for good center and fronts for about $800. I dont really know what im looking for, although i have done some research. any suggestions would be welcome

Zhentkap

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris C
Anything specific on those websites I should be looking for? For example, on the ascend website, the center has two inputs, one for mid and one for tweeter. since my receiver only has one output for the center, does that mean they arent compatible?

also, that AV123 website doesnt seem to have anything that will fit into my price range, am i just looking in the wrong place?

thanks for the help!

timZa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim

They have 2 inputs if you want to bi-amp them, no need to though. the jumper on them will allow you to use your receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks