What's new

Speaker cable (1 Viewer)

Gavin.F

Grip
Im redecorating soon, and wanted to put some speaker wire under the floorboards. Because of this, I wanted wire I wont have to upgrade in the future, but need it fairly cheap, as I need about 28 metres. I also live in the UK, so any US shop recommendations arent required. Currently, they will power small satelite speakers but in the future will power the monitor audio rear speakers. Ill be using a Denon 2803 for the reciever.

Basically, I was thinking of the QED original cables for rears and QED silver anniversary for the fronts. Are these good cables? Does anyone know if QED do rolls of cable?

I was also considering monster, and would be open to other brands. Id like the cable to support the sound required by the speakers, as well as being cost effective.

Thanks for your help.

RobSB

Agent
I know the standard 12 gauge speaker wire most people recommend is either Sound King from partsexpress or from Home Depot. Don't know if either of those work for the UK though.

Gavin.F

Grip
Another question, so I thought Id add it to this thread. Is it ok to run speaker wire next to eachother? Will the wire pick up interference from other channels, or will it be fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks