What's new

South Park Season 10 (2 Viewers)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
If a Steve Irwin joke is the most controversial thing South Park can do, Matt and Trey are trying WAAAY too hard on the rest of the jokes. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What about the Christmas in Hell bit on the Mr. Hankey Christmas special? What was that, like 4 or 5 years ago and they had Princess Di dry humping with Gene Siskel??? :D

And as far as the crap about the Irwin joke, the more South Park offends people, the more I'm going to love it! ;) Again, if the MAIN news shows could focus on the incident with Steve Irwin and his baby (in front of the croc) the DAY AFTER HIS DEATH, then how can this be considered 'tastless' or 'too soon'?? :rolleyes

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Possibly to people who aren't familiar with the "South Park Universe", but those that watch the show know that EVERYONE goes to Hell (except the Mormons). So seeing any individual in Hell in a South Park episode isn't really a slant against that person's character. It's just part of the bigger joke that the Mormons are the only ones who got it right and the rest of us all have to burn for eternity and have gay sex with Satan. HA!

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
***AHEM***credit where credit is due:

It's Glen Larsen/Stu Philips' "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" theme (sounds like they just recorded it off the DVD, it has the Starfighter wooshes at the end).

PS: this was one bizarre episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was eating dinner during the bangage, and suffice it to say, I had to put the fork down to recover from the visage.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Had I been eating at the time, I probably would have had to insert the fork into my eyeball to recover from that image. . .

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed during the Buck Rogers opening that the spinning Cartman seemed to be a little off, like it would move off-center and move back, like it was a sloppy effect. Anybody else notice? And I might be crazy but it seems like that it was animated that way to be exactly mimicking the same effect from the original show. I don't know if my memory is pulling tricks on me but I kinda remember that from the original, even after not seeing it for many years.

Anybody got a copy of the Buck Rogers opening that can confirm this? If so, what a cool little detail by the animators!

EDIT: Just watched video of the original Buck Rogers opening on Youtube and it's the same deal. How did I remember that and why is it so funny to me?

And by the way, seeing Garrison's mangled chest was a definite tivo-pausing moment. So wrong!!! But so funny!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks