What's new

Murderbot (Apple TV+ (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
"As a heartless killing machine, I'm a complete failure."

Apple TV+ continues it's path to be a significant purveyor of streaming science fiction by announcing a 10-episode series based on Martha Wells's "Murderbot Diaries",

Funny that this announcement comes just as I'm starting the most recent book in the series. I'd been thinking that it'd be great to see the Murderbot Diaries adapted for the screen, though there's one series obstacle to overcome: the books are all primarily first-person POV by the eponymous character. Its snarky interior monologues are so intrinsic to the stories' charm, but first-person POV is difficult to maintain on screen.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It would be great to see this. I just wish it wasn't Apple+. I would make the time to see this, but not adding another streaming service at this time.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve read the first in the series, I think. I liked it ok enough but wasn’t wowed enough to continue on. But I know the series is loved by a lot of people so I’ll check out the streaming adaptation.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"As a heartless killing machine, I'm a complete failure."

Apple TV+ continues it's path to be a significant purveyor of streaming science fiction by announcing a 10-episode series based on Martha Wells's "Murderbot Diaries",

Presumably, AppleTV+ continues its streak of being a significant purveyor of consistently high quality science fiction :)

Foundation
For All Mankind
Hello, Tomorrow
Silo

All good to great scifi. And so far everything I’ve watched on aTV has been good to great. Which also encourages me to try whatever new scifi show they debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks