What's new

South Park Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Tonight's episode was delightfully twisted. In keeping with a sort-of South Park tradition - the 10th season finale focused on Stan Marsh. Stan is always put into an awkward, fucked-up, position in these season finales and tonight was no exception. The leukemia subplot was what made this episode shine, well, that and seeing the Detroit Red Wings stomp the shit out a bunch of 5-years-olds.

Parker & Stone gave their critics the middle finger by referencing the death of Steve Irwin not once, but twice. A fitting end to one of the strongest runs they've had in years.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the episode sucked until the pee wee team subbed in for the Avalance against the Red Wings. Holy shit was everything else hilarious.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I figured there was a reason for the jokes, but I hadn't made the connection. You are SO right! That was definitely a "Fuck You Critics, if you were upset before, how about THIS!" kind of move. :laugh::emoji_thumbsup:

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
This episode was just so so wrong (& bizarre). Funny too.

The guy with the turntable with the "trailer" type narration popping up all the time (where was that amp & speakers for the music BTW?)

The kid flatlining at the end.
Where was Kenny? I expected some reference when the kid asked him if Stan knew anyone who died.

I really expected some kind of nightmare scenario, with Stan waking up in a panic about taking a paper route.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched tonight after my DVR didn't record last night and this episode turned out great!

I was a little concerned after the first part when they reveal a kid has cancer that such a downer subject would ruin the episode, but then after considering what they were going for, it had me cracking up at how shocking it was. Reminds me a bit of Woodland Critter Christmas when for the first part I was just hoping they were gonna go somewhere funny with it, but having faith that they would somehow.

The end was the best. Especially Nelson flatlining ("No hope...no hope..."), the other kid saying, "I hate you, coach" and the kids getting the crap kicked out of them all over the ice by the Red Wings.

A good way to stand all the sports movie cliches on their head. I loved the ironic ending with the other team's coach getting his own sports-movie moment with his father.

Another awesome run for my favorite show. Now to freeze myself until Season 11 in March.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Was Martin Sheen hugging Emilio Estevez and telling him that he's proud of him a reference to something that happened recently? Regardless, I thought that bit was hilarious.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering that too. I thought it might have been a reference to the movie "Miracle", but that's not topical enough for South Park spoofing. Unless there was a recent Sheen incident and they used Mircale as the method of making fun?

And yes, the hockey game was definitely insane! As was said, they still find ways to make my jaw drop. :eek::D The sound of the goalie crying as the slapshot knocked him back into the goal....that was....well, it was disturbingly funny.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That was supposed to be Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez? I didn't even notice that. (I still haven't seen some chunks from the middle of the episode.)

Clearly, it's a reference to The Mighty Ducks. Estevez was the coach in that movie, and this whole episode was a direct spoof of it. And, of course, Martin Sheen is Emilio Estevez' father (in real life).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks