What's new

Some Poster Art Broken in Movies Forum (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hey guys, I'm seeing a lot of broken poster art thread thumbnails in forum view in the Movies forum. This is happening in Chrome, Chrome Canary, Safari, and Firefox on my MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.3 and has been going on for a few weeks now:

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 8.12.28 AM.png

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is also happening on my work computer, running Windows 10 1809.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
On a slightly related note.
If I post a new topic about a movie that I want to make some continuing commentary on will I be able to edit the first post to add additional thoughts or does that go away after a day or so?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
On a slightly related note.
If I post a new topic about a movie that I want to make some continuing commentary on will I be able to edit the first post to add additional thoughts or does that go away after a day or so?
I believe the default is to remove edit options from posts after 24 hours or so, but usually the owners/moderators are willing to extend this if you send them a PM with the info about the post you'd like to be able to update.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I still see this too. I'm not a fan of the rectangular avatar of the movie poster in the first column of the forum post listing that was introduced when that feature was implemented simply because it isn't uniform and made the page look wonky. However, as far as the feature is concerned I do love the first posting of a thread with all that neato finito movie poster and description stuff. But the forum post listing page needs to go back to the OP's square avatars in the name of uniformity especially considering the current X-ed out dead link images that make it look even more aesthetically dissonant.

htf-dxi.png

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just came here to say that I also get broken posters. However I do not want the little posters to be removed. I like them. If there was a way to edit the small posters manually for the thread creator, that would be great.

There are posts that are not related to just one movie and being able to add a related poster will be aesthetically pleasant. For example for my D-Day thread I would have liked to add something like these instead of my own avatar showing. An option to add a small poster to all posts in all forums would be nice.

images

images

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks