What's new

So What Unreleased /Stalled Shows Still Have A Chance? (2 Viewers)

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
IRONSIDE seems to be stuck at season 2 in the U.S., although all eight seasons have been released elsewhere.

THE FALL GUY seems to only have the first two of its five seasons released.

There are a few failed Quinn Martin series I'd like to see released: BANYON, DAN AUGUST, and THE MANHUNTER.

We've had a start with the general release of the first three seasons of DEATH VALLEY DAYS. Season 13 (the first with Ronald Reagan) is currently a Walmart exclusive. We'll see if any more of the 18 seasons are released.

The first four seasons of Ironside have been released on DVD in the US. Shout! Factory claims that they did not have the rights to release seasons 5-8.

Doug Abbott

Agent
Tales of the Texas Rangers, Colt 45, Casey Jones and Wild Bill Hickok are all cult favorites and should be released. Other westerns that need to be released are Lancer, High Chaparral, Outlaws & Jesse James.
Doug

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Lots of great shows listed here, so many I'd love to complete.

Some other picks for me are generally spin-offs of other shows I like (and have):

MAUDE - only the first season was released

GLORIA - I've never seen it, it's probably awful, but it's part of the AitF universe and it's only one season

704 Hauser - anyone remember this one? I've never seen it, but am curious about this AitF spin-off (and it's only 6 episodes)

GRADY - only one 10-episode season, so hopefully Shout releases this

SANFORD - another SANFORD & SON spin-off, only one season

SANFORD ARMS - the final SaS spin-off, only 8 episodes

Also would like to see complete seasons and/or sets for:

MAN FROM ATLANTIS

IT'S YOUR MOVE

FALL GUY (remaining seasons)

STAR MAN

THE POWERS OF MATTHEW STAR

MISFITS OF SCIENCE

I know there's more, but that's a good start.

Anyone know the status of any of the shows listed above?

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Man From Atlantis (both tv movies and series) are available from WB Archives. I think Maude is available from Shout and check on amazon.com for Star Man.

James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
A great mystery to me is that East Side West Side has never been considered for release on home video and has pretty much disappeared .

Not true. It was considered but MGM has been up and down with their desire to license and then at times they were having Sony and then Fox handle their deals. Smore, for one, was very interested but nothing came to fruition. Unlike some of the other studios, apparently all of the MGM series (nee UA) were put on tape years ago.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Lots of great shows listed here, so many I'd love to complete.

Some other picks for me are generally spin-offs of other shows I like (and have):

MAUDE - only the first season was released

GLORIA - I've never seen it, it's probably awful, but it's part of the AitF universe and it's only one season

704 Hauser - anyone remember this one? I've never seen it, but am curious about this AitF spin-off (and it's only 6 episodes)

GRADY - only one 10-episode season, so hopefully Shout releases this

SANFORD - another SANFORD & SON spin-off, only one season

SANFORD ARMS - the final SaS spin-off, only 8 episodes

Also would like to see complete seasons and/or sets for:

MAN FROM ATLANTIS

IT'S YOUR MOVE

FALL GUY (remaining seasons)

STAR MAN

THE POWERS OF MATTHEW STAR

MISFITS OF SCIENCE

I know there's more, but that's a good start.

Anyone know the status of any of the shows listed above?

A lot of the shows you mentioned have come out. Maude, Grady, Starman, Man From Atlantis, Misfits of Science. Where do you get your list from?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Didn't Network put this out?

Neil:

The series has a total of 18 episodes (all of which are available on YouTube).

In Region 1, Alpha Home Entertainment released 2 volumes of the series on DVD with each volume containing 4 episodes each (Volume 1 came out in 2006 and Volume 2 in 2007). To my knowledge, they have not released any more volumes of the series. I would love to see the complete series released on DVD in Region 1.

Network did release a 3-disc complete series set in Region 2.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
A friend at Warner Archive told me that they'd love to put out 77 SUNSET STRIP and its brethren, but each episode was filled with popular songs--often simply used as underscoring--and re-licensing them for home entertainment would cost far more than they'd ever earn back. A bummer, but that's the way it goes.

Heck, I'm still waiting for the third and final season of DUCK DODGERS.

Mike S.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
A friend at Warner Archive told me that they'd love to put out 77 SUNSET STRIP and its brethren, but each episode was filled with popular songs--often simply used as underscoring--and re-licensing them for home entertainment would cost far more than they'd ever earn back. A bummer, but that's the way it goes.

Mike S.
I'm guessing the reason why there's a holdup for the third season of DD is there may be a "contested" episode.

James

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
With all the Perry Masons that have been released (the 1930s WB movies, the 1957-66 CBS series, the 1985-93 TV movies) and still some talk of Robert Downey, Jr. portraying the iconic lawyer in a movie or HBO series, I'd like to see FOX release the 1973-74 series "The New Perry Mason" starring Monte Markham. There are only 15 episodes so it's not a big commitment.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank

Mike S.
I've been saying all along they have been just playing with us and stringing us along that a release was still a possibility when I believe the sentiment expressed here was something they felt from the very beginning as soon as they researched the licensing costs. They knew all along the sales potential for shows this old wouldn't offset the exhorbitant licensing fees. They are a business after all and you can't really blame them.... I just wish they would be a little more straightforward with information.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
With all the Perry Masons that have been released (the 1930s WB movies, the 1957-66 CBS series, the 1985-93 TV movies) and still some talk of Robert Downey, Jr. portraying the iconic lawyer in a movie or HBO series, I'd like to see FOX release the 1973-74 series "The New Perry Mason" starring Monte Markham. There are only 15 episodes so it's not a big commitment.

Yeah, Fox. Good luck.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall

Mike S.
I've been paying attention to the scoring and this morning's episode "Never to Have Loved" featured a instrumental version of Doris Day's "Secret Love" playing in the background.

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Man From Atlantis (both tv movies and series) are available from WB Archives. I think Maude is available from Shout and check on amazon.com for Star Man.

James

Thanks, James. A little while after posting I remembered about MAUDE (how embarrassing, I actually have the set) and Grady (which I've held off on since it is not complete and a bit pricey for 9 episodes).

I didn't know about MAN FROM ATLANTIS or STARMAN, so thank you for those.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin

I vaguely remember part of one episode. There's a knock at the door and a young man is standing there...says something about having lived there for a time and wanted to see the old place so he stopped by. His name? Joey Stivic. If my memory is correct, he was played by Casey Siemaszko.

I looked the show up on imdb--the family's name in the series was Cumberbatch and they have this interesting note: In the 1968 unaired pilot of "Justice for All" (which later was re-shot as "All In The Family") Carrol O'Conner's Archie told his son-in-law that he'd had several black friends prior to marrying Edith. The one he named was Elron Cumberbatch, same last name as the family in 704 Hauser.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Me, too. I really enjoyed that series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks