What's new

So it begins... (1 Viewer)

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well I stumbled upon this forum about a week ago and was quickly sucked in. After having blown my old receiver well over 2 years ago (a dime fell through the top and arced on the board) I never replaced it. Once I started reading this forum I got all excited about audio/home theater again!
After all my reading, I had just about settled on a HK AVR520. But since I was a bit reluctant to spend too much without getting my feet wet first, I ended up finding a great deal on an AVR125 from Harmon Audio through Ebay for $227 refurb. I was hot on that Onkyo 650 HTiB until the bug from reading here bit me.
So here I am, next step is the JBL NSP1 and undecided on the sub. I listen to music more than watch movies. Then I'll be looking to upgrade the TV from my ol' Toshiba.
Anyway I suppose this was my way of introducing myself and thanking you all for your contributions to this great forum. I think you have a fledgeling enthusiast on your hands now. :emoji_thumbsup:
Dave

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Did you notice the CHANGE in sound quality after the dime fell in.

Sorry...Some times I just can't help myself.

Seriously, good luck with your new gear.

Just my $.02...sorry for that too!

BTW...Welcome to the board...
Dues are to be paid in small change!!!:b

I CAN'T STOP!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
congrats on your new gear dave! now leave while you can....soon you will be "one of us"!!! :)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
Did you notice the CHANGE in sound quality after the dime fell in.
Frank, I sometimes wonder how you manage to come up with such good quotes then come back with something like this. You never cease to dazzle and amaze me. Home theatre would be nothing without your misunderstood sense of humour (yes, humoUr....I blame the British influence many moons ago). Keep it up :)

"Your ears will tell you what they like, your wallet will tell you if it is a wise purchase, and your wife will get the final vote." - Frank Zimkas
Great quote. So true. My wife actually bought my Mitsubishi 55" WS for our anniversary. But because of that, she won't let me spend much on things to go with it. I found a Panasonic RP56 PS DVD player yesterday for $99 at Sears. I had to go the ebay route with component and S-video cables. Now I've got to get a surge protector cheap. But I'm on the prowl.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Dave, Thanks buddy!!

I'm going to print this page and frame it. My wife says that that everyone at HTF has learned to tune me out, just like her and the kids!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks