What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't think it was near as bad as that Lana episode that Chloe directed a few eps back. It was just kind of boring. I did like that it broke up Chloe and Jimmy and, while I hope they patch up their differences, I hope they say, "But, it showed we're not ready for marriage."

"How many parachutes were there?"

"One."

"AH-HA! There were TWO!"

"Really? In the adrenaline rush of the moment, I must have overlooked the other one."

"Curses! I thought I had you there!"

Not quite up there with tripping on the rug and not burning his hand in the fire, but still a pretty lame ploy. And, when you consider that she got him up in the plane just to test all of that, yeah, it was a pretty bad episode after all. :D

And I'm going to go on record saying her daddy never beat her, either. Little liar. :angry:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's funny, Greg, but I thought of you during this episode. When Jimmy was putting the smack down on their marriage at the end I thought to myself "I bet Greg at HTF is just loving this!" lol.

I forgot to mention a couple of things about the ep that I did like, I like that Clark is starting to get into a groove where he knows to get into different cloths when he goes out into the night to help people and I like that he did it in a phone booth.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm sooo predictable. Well, I thought of you when I saw Rachel Specter on TV, so there! I really don't want to think of you when I look at Rachel Specter! :laugh:

Mark Butler

Stunt Coordinator

This is a common misconception. DC Comics has ZERO influence over anything that the Media division of Warner (Film/Television) does. Whenever a producer or director begins a new Superman project they always in the interviews say something about how they went over to DC Comics and looked over their archives and were inspired or something to that effect. It is all just lip service. It gives the appearance that DC has signed off on the project when in reality DC Editorial and the creators my disagree 100% with the direction of the film or TV program but there is nothing they can do about it. For example, the whole thing about Bruce Wayne appearing and then not appearing on Smallville was a Warner decision not DC Comics. Some of my friends where pissed off at DC Comics for not allowing it but they had no input at all to that decision. Comic books are always crossing over, they would have loved it, just like they loved the idea of the Legion, Green Arrow. Any anger that anyone has towards any Superman product besides the comic books should be directed towards the directors and producers of that project NOT DC Comics.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This episode was promoted as the flying episode, but instead we got 37 minutes of "Jimmy Olsen's life really sucks", 4 minutes of "We're on the plane so you just KNOW he's going to fly" and then a single F/X shot that gives us nothing. Cut to the Luthor Mansion.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

And a three second FX shot at that.

Though we have to blame the CW, not the producers, for hyping the flying aspect of the story. We can blame the producers for a crap-tastic episode.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Has Robot Chicken ever done an episode of Smallville? It's RIPE for parody.
Drinking games for Clana Moments. Drinking games for Red and Blue outfit moments....etc

Only tweens would take this show seriously
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I do, I like this interpretation of the story which is why I watch.

What I meant by my previous post was that I don't go into each episode looking to make fun of it and laugh at it, I go into it expecting something good each time and most of the time I get it. I just hate when they promote that something i've been waiting for is going to finally happen and they don't deliver on it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed the episode. And the ending With Chloe in charge of Watchtower was great.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That was awesome! More episodes like that, please! If they follow through with that ending (or even make a spinoff), this could be the show that Heroes should be/used to be.

I groaned when it started up because of the Freaky Friday stuff. That's such a cliche in genre television. Well, they did a good job with it. More to the point, Erica rose to the occasion. It was fun watching her play a different persona. And, the bits with the framed rules were nice. I loved how they focused on Chloe as the episode faded to black. "Watchtower online." I don't think she could perform this task so well with Jimmy in tow. Yet another reason it's good their relationship is on ice.

Unfortunately, I missed a few minutes because of the stupid weather reports. :frowning:

I thought of John when Clark sarcastically asked if one of his powers was flight. So cruel. :laugh:

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Seems to me that Clark was actually FLYING in the scene where he catches up with Zatanna on the Planet rooftop, Chloe's "super-leap" reference notwithstanding. Also appears that he's finally embracing the destiny laid out by both his fathers and explained to him by the Legion members, which makes him a significant step closer to becoming Superman.:emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
An all out fun exciting episode.
I also want more episodes like this.

Zantana looked great. Got the look down.
I want her back! But I want her with more magic knowledge.

Cheered at the end right before Chole said "Watchtower officially online."
Since you knew it was coming.

When is Impluse going to start using "The Flash" name??

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I don't think they can because of the potential Flash movie.

Re:Zatanna. I believe at least reading part of the book has enhanced her power...Or she has more power than we were originally led to believe (ie-disappearing at will, the chains). She did say she was going to be studying and the reference about if you need help with "evil" magic possesers..Give her a call.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm just glad they got the backwards magic in there. It sounded cool, too. "Rood eht esolc!" Not sure why she picked the Planet roof, though. I guess it was because "we're using that set today with the Clark/Chlois scene, so let's knock out the Zatanna scene as well."

I think the leap was just a leap. Clark should pay for the pavement repair.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of the roof scene, did they ever show how Clark and Chlois got down from there? On the broadcast here, they went right from being trapped on the roof to ending the Latin-speaking guy's hospital room.

Other than that, a leaps and bounds improvement over last week. I really liked how we got a glimpse of Lois and Clark's daily routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks